the p5nugget

installed valve cover hardware. painted the strut bar to match. built a custom intake, special cigar coupler edition short ram (lol gabe). pls ignore the pollen.

52776C16-7C98-4251-835B-8A0EA7373150-XL.jpg

a couple months ago, i drove through a construction zone where they patched the road across multiple lanes. i've driven over it before and it was something similar to a very flat speed bump. nope, not this time. imagine a speed bump with a mountain peak on top. my friend was in the car and it said it physically hurt when we ran over the s*** at full speed. fast forward to last week, i checked my wheels because the front end didn't feel right since said mountain peak. front left tire is out of round (broken belt i'm told) and front right tire is worn for other reasons i won't get into (stupid tire pressure gauge malfunction). took off the 03 p5 wheels and threw on a set from an 01 with summer tires on there. tis the season! surprisingly this photo is hiding the pollen really well

IMG_4479-L.jpg

mehh, i'd rather do hpde/open track on a road course track vs driving through cones. but uh, i still got two good wheels if you want to use those temporarily since your front tires rub. better align that mess tho! stock size, 195/50/16

mehh, i'd rather do hpde/open track on a road course track vs driving through cones.

Hey, seat time's seat time, and it still benefits you greatly without causing brake fade or uncomfortable engine temps!

mehh, i'd rather do hpde/open track on a road course track vs driving through cones. but uh, i still got two good wheels if you want to use those temporarily since your front tires rub. better align that mess tho! stock size, 195/50/16

Potentially might get those. Rear tires rub way worse. Might suck it up until I can just get wheels and tires and align them then.

I need to get me one of those stickers lol.
It looks like you removed the splash guards under the engine bay. I've been thinking about doing that, although I have a CAI (with a wrap) so I'm a bit scared..
Has your engine been getting really dirty because of that? Also does that little breather intake on the valve cover bring any benefits?

The car came that way. The fender liners are all busted too near the front of the bumper. I*ll have to replace them one day. Little breather is just a method you use when the intake hose doesn*t have a nipple for a hose. No real benefit that I*m aware of except for possibly preventing a bit of oil getting back into your intake pipe.

Supposedly, a major advantage of valve cover breathers are blow-by prevention. Too much pressure in that engine spells doom for your gaskets and piston rings (I think).

Going off of what 323 said, you recirculate that pressure through your air intake if it has a line for it.

Got car back yesterday with a new driver inner tie rod installed (203k miles). Car feels more solid and doesn't make that knocking noise after being driven on the highway for a while. Front left corner still doesn't feel 100% but i'd say i feel a 70% improvement from before the repair. That road construction speed mountain did me in. So far ruining a tire and sending an inner tie rod to hell.

Last edited:
Surprise! I ended up driving the car all day last Thursday. On my journey home, bout my 5th or 6th trip of the day, the car starts making the knocking noise and wobbling at the front left corner again meaning I misdiagnosed the inner tie rod being at fault. Good news is I have a new inner tie rod lol. I took the strut assembly off the car today. Found the strut bearing pretty seized up. It is hard to move and had a lot of grease surrounding it and the bearing looks uneven (see pics). Surprised that tiny little part could cause me so much trouble. The actual strut is still good. A new one comes in on Tuesday and I'm hoping that's my problem.

IMG_4716-XL.jpg

IMG_4717-XL.jpg

This is the backup vehicle lol. But I've been dailying the msp for the past three weeks. I randomly felt like taking a photo. Used to take a lot of random pics like this back in the day with the dslr. Just really lazy to use it these days.

i-kCW28cg-XL.jpg

Last edited:
thanks. it tends to be prettier in pictures. i'll update its build thread one day (sleep)

Of course when I was about to start, the rain started coming down pretty hard off and on. I decided to work through it. Didn't take me too long because I've done it a ton of times and nothing was seized since I've been in there recently. The sun came out as I was putting the wheels back on lol. Went for a quick drive and it feels smooth as butter. Who knew these tiny little parts take so much load? There's Gabe's new engine in the corner of the picture.

IMG_3062-XL.jpg

Got pretty wet under here while working.

IMG_3073-XL.jpg

New gold nuts. Won't look nice for long I'm sure.

IMG_3065-XL.jpg

Screw you strut bearings! Initially I was being lazy and was only going to do one side but figured I should be smart and do both.

IMG_3076-XL.jpg

Car will be aligned sometime next week.

Back