Split Screen?

:
2021 Acura RDX
I have a 17 GT. Is there anyway to split the screen between navigation and radio information? If so, how do I do it? I cant find anything about it.

I know our Lexus has that option which is really neat. So, i thought maybe I was overlooking something.

Thanks!

This actually one of my complaints. My VW doesn’t split but at least has like a media mini panel available while in nav for example.

I have a 17 GT. Is there anyway to split the screen between navigation and radio information? If so, how do I do it? I can’t find anything about it.

I know our Lexus has that option which is really neat. So, i thought maybe I was overlooking something.

Thanks!

No

Not sure I get this; if your using, say the navigation (due to not knowing where your going) wouldn’t you want the screen as big as possible? You most likely have heard whatever song that’s playing on the radio or streaming 47.367 times and really don’t “need” to “see” the album art at the same time do you?

No joke or sarcasm I don’t get the split screen want/need. How was it done in your Lexus?

Some cars do show a split screen and if you are part way through a long journey there is no harm having a reduced size map or track/station info overlaid on the map.

Not sure I get this; if your using, say the navigation (due to not knowing where your going) wouldn’t you want the screen as big as possible? You most likely have heard whatever song that’s playing on the radio or streaming 47.367 times and really don’t “need” to “see” the album art at the same time do you?

No joke or sarcasm I don’t get the split screen want/need. How was it done in your Lexus?

The idea is to be able to do some basic media functions without completing switching out of the map. I’m not sure about Lexus but on a BMW it’s basically a wide aspect ratio so you have a large pane you might use for nav then a smaller pane for whatever else like radio ect.

On my VW there is a strip of buttons at the bottom kind of like on the Mazda. However they aren’t all for nav. There is one for whatever media opinion you’re on and if you select it a small pane pops up to let you access some basic functions without leaving the map. The you dismiss it when you’re done.

It’s definitely a nice touch and it’s these small details were Mazda seems behind.

The VW infotainment system is light years ahead of the Mazda system (comparing my 2017 GTI vs my 2017 CX5 GT). I kind of took it for granted how good the VW setup is until we got the Mazda.

Also coming from a 2015 GTI. I miss the split screen feature and the ability to put the audio information on the dashboard somewhere. Perhaps there is a tweak for this or an option involving Android Auto/Car Play?

If not split screen, I wish it would at least show the audio info at the top while using nav. Similar to how it'll show nav info at the top.

I thought no split screen split might've been due to screen size, but my dad has a 2013 X3 and it's screen is even smaller but still manages to do some sort of split screen. but I do think it has a different aspect ratio so maybe that's part of the why. For the people asking what's the point of split screen, I think it'd be nice to be able to navigate through my music without having to flip back and forth from nav to audio.

The VW infotainment system is light years ahead of the Mazda system (comparing my 2017 GTI vs my 2017 CX5 GT). I kind of took it for granted how good the VW setup is until we got the Mazda.

Yup I’ve got a ‘18 GTI and ‘17 CX-5 and agree 100%

Also coming from a 2015 GTI. I miss the split screen feature and the ability to put the audio information on the dashboard somewhere. Perhaps there is a tweak for this or an option involving Android Auto/Car Play?

Won't happen when AA/ACP arrives

Besides split screen makes more sense on a larger screen rather than the 7" that currently resides in the CX-5

It would be nice to select what is on the header instead of insisting you know that your passing “boring as hell street, arseville”. I sometimes want to see if I’ve got a phone signal but no, even when you got a bloody map on the screen it STILL insists on naming the street I can’t wait to get past, let alone know what it’s called. You can have music on the screen and know perfectly well where you are and guess what? The name of the street you are passing.

The only satisfaction I can extract from this hopeless situation is that this US rental does the same. That would really piss me of if yours didn’t.

Won't happen when AA/ACP arrives

Besides split screen makes more sense on a larger screen rather than the 7" that currently resides in the CX-5

I would agree with the split. But the mini pop up like the GTI they could do.

I would agree with the split. But the mini pop up like the GTI they could do.

Probably

I have split screen view for 360 view monitor (half the screen is 360 view and other half is actual camera view) and whilst it's fine, would look better on say 10" rather than the current 7".

New infotainment is coming, 2019 according to roadmap . The Connect system has been around since 2014 so its due for replacement.

Back