2018 NZ CX9 -alarm and locking wheel nuts question

KevinTNZ

:
Mazda 2018 CX-9
Kia Ora,

Im a new user to this forum as we picked up our 2018/2019 CX-9 Limited, in titanium flash mica, last weekend.
Here in New Zealand the Limited is the mid spec version out of the three available; all the standard items of the Takami (top of range) but without the Napa leather and 360degree camera system.

Anyway, the reason for the first post is to ask for advice on security add-ons.

So it appears that Mazda has changed the size of the wheel nuts to 17mm hex size mid 2018. Can anyone suggest a set of locking wheel nuts that fit the CX9 (M12x1.5) that has the 17mm hex... I really dont want to have to carry two wheel wrenches with me; 17mm for the standard nuts and another for the locking wheel nut key!

The other question is for an after market alarm system that will work properly with the car; arms and disarms using the standard Mazda remote key, works with the door locks and has a decent siren! I have a feeling that because the CX9 isnt available in the UK where the majority of after market alarms seem to be designed for, that there isnt anything that integrates nicely with the car. My friendly alarm installer has suggested using a model thats suitable for the CX5 but Im not sure Im keen on something that may be a hacked solution.

Anyway; hi everyone... any thoughts and advice??

Kevin

Back