Wash the roof?

shadonoz

SkyActiv Member
Contributor
:
State of Jefferson
:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD+
How do some of you other vertically challenged individuals wash and wax the roof of your car?

I stand on a drywaller's platform, which works great on my inclined driveway. But if I didn't have that... what? Stepladder's no good for me.

BTW, I want to recommend Optimum no rinse wash and shine. SO easy, so fast, so little water use [2 gal TOTAL], and such a great shine. I was amazed. Thanks to whoever first mentioned it here.

Open door - stand on door sill and wash. With ONR you won't be dripping too much water

I’m just under 6ft but only need a step (Snap-On folding variety) to wax. I can just about reach for washing and leathering. Snow foam does the rest.

Waxing is a PITA at times. I don't have room in garage to use a step stool or anything like that, so I just open the door and stand on the sill and get it as good as I can.

How do some of you other vertically challenged individuals wash and wax the roof of your car?

I stand on a drywaller's platform, which works great on my inclined driveway. But if I didn't have that... what? Stepladder's no good for me.

BTW, I want to recommend Optimum no rinse wash and shine. SO easy, so fast, so little water use [2 gal TOTAL], and such a great shine. I was amazed. Thanks to whoever first mentioned it here.

I use a 2-step ladder plus a bristled hose brush like this:
0b40ade3-ee6b-4373-983f-a40c852d8b3d_1.896f8eae768669b604aab86a53d260f9.jpeg

Optimum no rinse wash and shine- good stuff. I actually use the version with Wax in it.

I bought this even though I am 6'2" and I can just reach the centre of the roof, I want to wash & dry it properly.

6enq1h.jpg

Cost me under AUD $20.00

Yeah, I was thinking that too. No way would I use a brush like that on my baby! (nervous)
I mean mine is scratched to hell from years of not knowing any better, but I definitely dont want to add!

I also use a step ladder and clean the roof from both sides with a large chenille mitt. I have a large drying towel that works great by dragging.

That brush will scratch the tarnations out of your clearcoat. Also using a highly lubricating Shampoo is the best. Optimum is one of the best.

I just stand on the door sill.

Rust might happen more easily than one thinks

I doubt that. I scrape rust out of rock-chips on my CX5 very regularly. Bought the touch-up pen specifically for that. As soon as I see orange/red, I get out the knife, prep it, and paint over. It looks bad, but it's better than rust, and it's what we got with thin bad Japanese paint.

I doubt that. I scrape rust out of rock-chips on my CX5 very regularly. Bought the touch-up pen specifically for that. As soon as I see orange/red, I get out the knife, prep it, and paint over. It looks bad, but it's better than rust, and it's what we got with thin bad Japanese paint.
Lots of owners don't do what you do. You're one of the more conscientious :)

I use a 2-step ladder plus a bristled hose brush like this:
0b40ade3-ee6b-4373-983f-a40c852d8b3d_1.896f8eae768669b604aab86a53d260f9.jpeg

Optimum no rinse wash and shine- good stuff. I actually use the version with Wax in it.

those brushes will leave fine scratches on the car, fyi.

Back