Apple CarPlay installed ... not working!!

:
2018 CX-5 Touring AWD
I had ACP installed yesterday. The guy who was showing me how to use it, was using his iPhone to show me how it worked. It didn't occur to me to have him do it with my phone to see if it worked, I just imagined it would. Also, the only cable I had on me was one that can't be used with my phone when I have my phone protector on. Anyway, now I got home and connected it and nothing happens. I can see that one of the options under the Apps section is the iPhone (and Android too), but I can't select that because it is greyed out.

Anyway, after installation, is there anything I need to do to make it work? I thought it would instantly work but that is not the case with me.

Also, the guy told me that I cannot connect to ACP via bluetooth, that it has to be connected via one of the USB ports, is this true? I had bought a wireless charger so I wouldn't have to have my phone connected.

Thanks.

I had ACP installed yesterday. The guy who was showing me how to use it, was using his iPhone to show me how it worked. It didn't occur to me to have him do it with my phone to see if it worked, I just imagined it would. Also, the only cable I had on me was one that can't be used with my phone when I have my phone protector on. Anyway, now I got home and connected it and nothing happens. I can see that one of the options under the Apps section is the iPhone (and Android too), but I can't select that because it is greyed out.

Anyway, after installation, is there anything I need to do to make it work? I thought it would instantly work but that is not the case with me.

Also, the guy told me that I cannot connect to ACP via bluetooth, that it has to be connected via one of the USB ports, is this true? I had bought a wireless charger so I wouldn't have to have my phone connected.

Thanks.

Apple Carplay oni the CX5 is over cable ONLY.

You will need to plug into the USB slot that is closest to the gear shift. Like, the one on top - it HAS to be in that specific USB port. If its not it won't work at all.

When you plug in your phone, give it time to pop up. You should get a warning on your screen that asks you if you want to use Carplay with it. So have it unlocked, plugged into the right port, and watch the screen of your phone.

Bummer. Why is this? I was hoping to use it cable-less.

Yes, I figured it out. I was plugging it into the wrong slot.

Thanks.

Because Mazda showed up 3 years late with hardware that is 5 years old. That's why.

But, Wireless Carplay isn't available on most car platforms currently, just FYI.

Glad to be of assistance :)

Back