Best color for '17 CX-5?

i've seen this on the '16 a few times and i have to say it really suits the car
well - i don't see many 'brown' cars i'm a fan of but this imho is a beaut

Agreed - too bad we can't get it in NA. The only other color I really like is the DC Blue

Yup, same here. My reaction is "mud mica" :) More the merrier, though!

Brown is such a s--t color. I literally think of that when I see it. I wouldn't be caught dead in it, no matter the brand.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

My GX is a Snickers bar.... I used to think I'd never own one too but the metallic brown or as Lexus calls it "Fire Agate Pearl" has grown on me. If nothing else I can tell myself it matches the mud going off-road. :)

I think beige and gold colored cars are still a tough sell for me.

Sadly, I'd have said silver, if you could get the old silver. The new silver is a touch too bright for me. Otherwise, the red and gray are both amazing.

Anyone have any dust experiences with either and how they hold up in that respect. My Silver CX-5 can go weeks without a wash and you don't really notice it.

My dealer just got in the Sonic Silver, but it looks from pics like it is a white/silver. We had an Infiniti FX35 in that color and I always found it too bright. I will check it out later this week. Does it have a blueish tone as well?

I saw a Machine Grey CX-5 on the road the other day (first one I've seen) and it looked amazing. Our Infiniti G37 is Diamond Graphite (dark gray) and it seems to hide dirt well, so we just may go that route.

Never found silver to be too bright
Agreed. Actually for all the silver vehicles we've been getting (VWs、BMW、Honda), Mazda's Sonic Silver is on much darker side of the silver color.

Agreed. Actually for all the silver vehicles we've been getting (VWs、BMW、Honda), Mazda's Sonic Silver is on much darker side of the silver color.

Yup... big noticeable difference when side by side with our silver CRV. The Mazda is darker, with almost a blueish hue.

This is my first black vehicle, and will definitely be my last - I can wash it one day and it's dusty as hell the next. And there is no hiding it. I can see the local hand wash car place getting a lot of my money for the next three years.

This is my first black vehicle, and will definitely be my last - I can wash it one day and it's dusty as hell the next. And there is no hiding it. I can see the local hand wash car place getting a lot of my money for the next three years.

Probably the same here. Mine is black and it gets very dusty or full of pollen this time of year a day after getting it washed.

Love black, but sometimes it is a pain.

Agreed about brown cars being turds on wheels.

Regarding the silver, it doesn't really show in pictures, but the Gen1 version of it is more metallic. They call it a liquid silver vs. sonic silver, I think. To be honest, I thought they were the same until I went for the drive, and, wait a sec.... I really like the older silver.

I've also changed my view on the Metallic Gray. It's hard to get good looks at these cars on the internet as the pictures get doctored and the gray, in a polished car ready for photos is amazing. But looking at some of the pictures on the road I think it'll get eaten alive by dust. I never took a close look at it on the lot, thinking I'd just get another silver. That red though.....

Actually, in photos the blues aren't too terrible. I had a coworker with the blue on a 2014 and I didn't like it but these look better than that. Maybe a memory issue, maybe they changed them a bit.

i'm in the same boat - it's a matter of hours before that yellowish hue is back

We have a brown CX-5 where I work. I had to go by it several times to be sure it was what it was. It's a very dark brown.

The other question not being asked here is which interior, black or parchment.

I'm more of a black interior person, but I have to admit that the parchment looked pretty sharp in person.

That said...saw the blue jean stains on the parchment seats.

Back