What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Roof rails actually look good blacked out like that.

I always hated the stock silver colored look of the roof rails, definitely did not get them on mine.

Took them off as soon as I got home. Made them toss them in for free because I sure as heck didn*t want them. In the garage they sit. Someone offer me a Benji for them, and they*re yours...lol

I put them on to carry a kayak and didn't remove them. I will remove them tho kinda forgot about it.
2UI7FbJ.jpg

Snowed yesterday and today. Altimax RT43 tires did fine.

I have been lazy though and been meaning to put my Blizzaks back on, so will do that this week before it snows again on Saturday.

Got snow here, but it was to warm and then too cold for any to really stay on the roads, and we didn't get a ton of it.
46226905_10100130673447761_5771158400427622400_o.jpg

Actually looks pretty good dropped to be honest. Was it a simple bolt on, and does it have good manners, or is it rough and not nearly as tractable as factory?

makes it a helluva lot easier to load the roof too (especially with shoulders that don't like to depart the socket). And towing a trailer is very stable at high speed too with the big rear sway bar. To me, simple bolt on yes in the form of coilovers. My ride as a whole is stiff and its way more stable than OEM, however it is of course rougher. Still gets me to the activities I want though (unpaved road at the most).

Topped up my coolant reservoir to full with Mazda FL-22 this morning. Now am sitting at Discount Tire for my snow tire change over.

They measured my Blizzak WS80's and two of them were at 6/32nd while the other two were still at 9/32nd tread lol.

Topped up my coolant reservoir to full with Mazda FL-22 this morning. Now am sitting at Discount Tire for my snow tire change over.

They measured my Blizzak WS80's and two of them were at 6/32nd while the other two were still at 9/32nd tread lol.

let me guess, the 6/32nd tires were on the front last year

Added fog lights with a new OEM switch. (I can't believe how easy it was to swap that switch out).

30959247437_441d17e5e1_k.jpg

I then tested them on my dark-azz roads at excessive speeds.

Next is add the 3.5" tweeters and some heated seats.

Last edited:
Just went out driving with my 18 in snow for the first time. The Firestone Winterforce tires I put on are incredible. Thing drives like it's on rails. The one thing I will say disappointed was the wiper blades. So much streaking. They were complete crap. Any recommendations?

Just went out driving with my 18 in snow for the first time. The Firestone Winterforce tires I put on are incredible. Thing drives like it's on rails. The one thing I will say disappointed was the wiper blades. So much streaking. They were complete crap. Any recommendations?
Bosch Icons. But I don't know if those work with gen 2.

Back