What did you pay for your CX-5?

I see Mazda is now offering 0.9% financing on the CX-5. Does anyone know if this is all they're doing for Independence day?

Hi @LABAMBA,
Since when Mazda is offering 0.9 % financing?
We signed Monday and they never said anything of that.
We got 1.9%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine is looking to purchase a CX-5 in San Diego. Dealer offered her $5k for a 2008 Honda Civic trade in. She said MSRP for Touring CX5 was about $28k and they're giving it to her for $26k OTD including the Civic trade in. I'm not familiar with how much discount Mazda usually gives. What do you guys think?

I briefly reviewed a few comments and seems like 5-7% off MSRP is a pretty good deal. What do you think about the below for SoCAL?

28,000 MSRP
(1,700) about 6% off
(5000) Civic trade in
= 21,300
2,100 add tax (9%-10% in SoCal) & license
23,400 OTD

Does the above seem reasonable for my area? Please let me know if I'm way off.

28K - 8% discount or even 6% is 26.3K (minus) Civic 5K is 21.3K- in my state you only pay tax on the difference between new and trade in so taxable is 21.3K.
If the civic is worth 4K or so and he is offering way over - he might not discount much. Even then its 22.3K or so + Taxes. which should be 24.5K ballpark.

I think with Touring you might be able to try a 10% discount during month ends - remember GT is most sought after trim. Followed by touring and sport. So he could still have that Touring month end he will budge or next month end.

Hi to all,
If anybody took the 0.9 % before yesterday, could you please be kind and let me know.
Thanks in advance!!

I know some others here have had a good experience at Town North Mazda in Richardson (Dallas) but it didn't go well for me this afternoon.

They wanted full MSRP for their GT with Premium and valued my car $1000 less than KBB. Negotiated some but they acted like I was unreasonable for thinking I should be able to do better than MSRP for their car and KBB for mine. Admittedly my number in response to their starting number was not going to be achievable but their starting number was equally ridiculous. "No one is selling this car for $2000 off". Trying to keep it friendly as I was leaving I said you have my number if you have a sale or something and he said they wouldn't be calling me. Ok then...

Was thinking about trying another dealership but I picked Town North as that is where I had planned to get the car serviced. Now wondering if maybe I should look at something other than a Mazda.

[This got better and I did buy there, updated post: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123811693-Current-selling-price-for-CX-5&p=6526451&viewfull=1#post6526451]

Last edited:
Hi to all,
If anybody took the 0.9 % before yesterday, could you please be kind and let me know.
Thanks in advance!!

I've been checking regularly for 4th of July deals. Tuesday was the first day I saw it.

I've been checking regularly for 4th of July deals. Tuesday was the first day I saw it.

I was watching too and only saw it late Tuesday (maybe after midnight). The dealership I was at today didn't know about it until I mentioned it even though it was on their website / Mazda's website.

Hi, I'm new here and am ready to buy a CX-5 Touring with the preferred package, just talked to the local dealer, who sold my daughter a CX-5 touring a couple weeks ago, and she stated there were going to be other incentives offered over 4th of July, not sure if it's a continuation of the current but as stated here the 0.9% is happening now.

Anyway, watching and listening......

I know some others here have had a good experience at Town North Mazda in Richardson (Dallas) but it didn't go well for me this afternoon.

They wanted full MSRP for their GT with Premium and valued my car $1000 less than KBB. Negotiated some but they acted like I was unreasonable for thinking I should be able to do better than MSRP for their car and KBB for mine. Admittedly my number in response to their starting number was not going to be achievable but their starting number was equally ridiculous. "No one is selling this car for $2000 off". Trying to keep it friendly as I was leaving I said you have my number if you have a sale or something and he said they wouldn't be calling me. Ok then...

Was thinking about trying another dealership but I picked Town North as that is where I had planned to get the car serviced. Now wondering if maybe I should look at something other than a Mazda.

Unfortunately its pretty cutthroat here in the Dallas area. Freeman is where I bought mine and their service is phenominal. As far as big discounts I really dont know whos the cheapest around here. Freemans good but you may have to play the long game. Any other suggestions for the DFW area would be great.

Unfortunately its pretty cutthroat here in the Dallas area. Freeman is where I bought mine and their service is phenominal. As far as big discounts I really dont know whos the cheapest around here. Freemans good but you may have to play the long game. Any other suggestions for the DFW area would be great.

Thanks. It's been awhile but I was kind of floored. I didn't get a "sorry this didn't work out but keep us in mind for the future" vibe. And funny they did call right at closing . "Come back tomorrow so we can see your trade again". But I'm a little jaded now, I dunno.

Freeman is equally close but they don't seem to have as much inventory. The endorsement is worth something though. I will look more closely. Thanks. I want a good dealer relationship but you have to be somewhat competitive in the buying phase.

You talk to Hiley in Hurst?

Last edited:

Freeman sales was good. Service is ok ok. They charged $20 for looking at leaks under the hood. Bull.
Freeman sold me the car though I bought it at El Dorado. Beat Freeman's price by $800.

Went to Hiley for Service. They called for my second service - Said I dont know how you got a "Gold Mazda Dealership" status but no thanks.

That is completely ridiculous. Who in their right mind would pay anything close to MSRP for a mass produced run of the mill crossover. Even one as nice as the 2017 CX5.

2000 is the minimum discount to expect on a 2017 GT now that the model has been out for a few months.

I would wait a few days, call them up and ask if they are reconsidering their offer. In the meantime contact other TX dealerships (Houston) to get a good offer price in writing (email is good). Then go back to your local dealers and tell them you do not mind taking a leisurely trip out of town (to visit family) and pickup the CX5 at the discount that you want. Pretty sure they will price match if you have proof in hand.

That is completely ridiculous. Who in their right mind would pay anything close to MSRP for a mass produced run of the mill crossover. Even one as nice as the 2017 CX5.

2000 is the minimum discount to expect on a 2017 GT now that the model has been out for a few months.

I would wait a few days, call them up and ask if they are reconsidering their offer. In the meantime contact other TX dealerships (Houston) to get a good offer price in writing (email is good). Then go back to your local dealers and tell them you do not mind taking a leisurely trip out of town (to visit family) and pickup the CX5 at the discount that you want. Pretty sure they will price match if you have proof in hand.

Yep yep. Always let me know you're ready to bounce outta town for the right deal. Glad to see someone else not fall for the MSRP is best we can do truck. It's comical...

Yep yep. Always let me know you're ready to bounce outta town for the right deal. Glad to see someone else not fall for the MSRP is best we can do truck. It's comical...

I've had a dealer quote me $200 off msrp for GT and get all huffy puffy on me over email saying that I was crazy for trying to get $2000 off msrp. He started using truecar quote to justify his pricing and I just laughed over the phone told him I wasn't going to fall for his trick. Then he started telling me he knows price of all GTs going out the door in the region. Indeed he was a douche.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. The director's call really did smooth over what I thought was kind of a rough initial experience and he said he felt we could make a deal. Instead of starting over somewhere else I decided to go back. With no back and forth he clearly presented what I thought was a fair deal. Essentially $2000 off and what I thought was fair for my car. It was actually to the dollar what I thought I could be happy with going in. There were probably a couple hundred dollars that could have been had maybe by going to another dealership but I was ready to be done. I think the issue with the first day was I got handed over to another salesman to negotiate as my salesman had something going on and maybe this other salesguy didn't have an interest in making it work. Anyway after that everything went well. No junk fees, no hard sale on stuff in financing. I'm happy.

Not a great pic but...

onKT9Bd.jpg

Last edited:
Back