NEMOC Random BS Thread

Ya, see if there*s another date that works for Kyle. Maybe Chris could come and bring one of his rotary machines!

I plan to have it on a Saturday when my wife works her half days, which is every other Saturday. So June 1st, June 15th, July 6th. Or if it works for others we can just do a weekend when she would be around. Just when she is off in the summer we try to take weekends to go places and have some fun

I plan to have it on a Saturday when my wife works her half days, which is every other Saturday. So June 1st, June 15th, July 6th. Or if it works for others we can just do a weekend when she would be around. Just when she is off in the summer we try to take weekends to go places and have some fun

Haha, I meant works for Jeff! Dope! I can do the 1st

Pick a date and Ill see if I can make it.

All packed up, heading to Tail of the dragon in the morning.

57928064f2c1a92046f943378b253817.jpg

Please dont schedule around me. Pick a date that fits your schedule and I'll see if I can make it up.

Please dont schedule around me. Pick a date that fits your schedule and I'll see if I can make it up.

Nope Jeff, this is all on you :p :p

Where in PA are you exactly? Ill be driving to and from Ohio early June and could possibly stop by

Nope Jeff, this is all on you :p :p

Where in PA are you exactly? Ill be driving to and from Ohio early June and could possibly stop by

Awww man, I don't know if I can handle the pressure and the responsibility. :p 6/1 should be good for me, I don't have anything on my calendar but waiting to hear back from the boss. :D

I'm in Easton which is about 30 minutes South of I-80. I'm guessing that you will be taking 80 out to Ohio?

Awww man, I don't know if I can handle the pressure and the responsibility. :p 6/1 should be good for me, I don't have anything on my calendar but waiting to hear back from the boss. :D

I'm in Easton which is about 30 minutes South of I-80. I'm guessing that you will be taking 80 out to Ohio?

The meet out there is June 8th, so Ill be heading out Friday after a half day of work and just cruise out there. Havn't picked my route yet exactly. Likely I'll take Monday off though for the drive back as to and from will be a bit much in just a weekend.

The meet out there is June 8th, so Ill be heading out Friday after a half day of work and just cruise out there. Havn't picked my route yet exactly. Likely I'll take Monday off though for the drive back as to and from will be a bit much in just a weekend.

What is the meet?

its the Ohio Miata Owners season opener. They have amazing meets, cruises, drives, etc. Very excited for it. They make 2 way radios mandatory so I can finally use mine for not skiing :D

How did this CT dude end up going to Ohio meets? Sou;FS like fun!

The 7th is my Friday off as well as our daughter's bday. Still no idea if we are doing anything that night. It's a Friday and her last weekend before graduating so my guess is she will be out whooping it up with her friends vs. being home with mom and dad. (rlaugh) Once you figure out your route and the timing, maybe you'll have time for a quick stop?

Maybe the same way this PA kid started driving to Boston for meets? Great people and good times! :D

The 7th is my Friday off as well as our daughter's bday. Still no idea if we are doing anything that night. It's a Friday and her last weekend before graduating so my guess is she will be out whooping it up with her friends vs. being home with mom and dad. (rlaugh) Once you figure out your route and the timing, maybe you'll have time for a quick stop?

Maybe the same way this PA kid started driving to Boston for meets? Great people and good times! :D

Makes sense!

Worth it! The Kanc is a joke compared to the roads in around the Tail of the Dragon region. I understand why people have high powered cars. The hills and elevation change is insane, and the dragon itself is tighter than an Autocross course but with banked turns.

9d9acaa7a2295ca4e04ae4b15b06018f.jpg

077207e44afa037f37b748153f4d2db8.jpg

73a4c26b562e566e592bc9d9514f0990.jpg

7535fbc000e2877e70650affefb51f4a.jpg

a0625bd3446fe758f0e8703387b2868d.jpg

Worth it! The Kanc is a joke compared to the roads in around the Tail of the Dragon region. I understand why people have high powered cars. The hills and elevation change is insane, and the dragon itself is tighter than an Autocross course but with banked turns.

9d9acaa7a2295ca4e04ae4b15b06018f.jpg

077207e44afa037f37b748153f4d2db8.jpg

73a4c26b562e566e592bc9d9514f0990.jpg

7535fbc000e2877e70650affefb51f4a.jpg

a0625bd3446fe758f0e8703387b2868d.jpg

Nice Chris! Hows she running?

because I bought the car in ohio! Loop hole!

got the new FM clutch in Saturday. Just keeping fingers crossed we got it all on and tight since it was late night/early with margaritas involved :p

ONwuDcU.jpg

93rY7Ic.jpg

QFTFT1U.jpg

vHzA65c.jpg

Nice Chris! Hows she running?

Id say its probably 8/10ths the way there. Still some rough spots in the tune but there is no issue cruising, or hammering the throttle. I have a list of things I need to look at over the next few weeks, primarily, its burning more oil than it should and I may have to switch to premixing instead of the OMP.

Rained the whole way home, car is filthy now.

44d42510d978a21a9deb9328eb584797.jpg

This dragon run below was wet, but at least it wasnt raining like the rest of my runs. I wanted to get a tire cam shot but that angle never works when the road debris mists up the GoPro lens.

You dont have to watch the whole thing, it gets rather repetitive once you start to recognize the pattern...but this is only about 2/3 the twisty part. I stopped to grab some photos so the start is from the overlook on the return route, and the camera died before the end.

Unlike the drive to the Kanc, all the roads in and around this area are equally as epic. You basically can make a several hour loop and burn up a tank of fuel with a smile ear to ear the whole time. And most of the roads are at least 1,000 ft above sea level and in some cases over 5,000 ft. Its a lot of work for a little N/A motor which is why you hear me ringing out 2nd gear between 5,000-8,000 rpm before shifting to 3rd.

https://youtu.be/Z1FK_S6uESg

That's kinda the secret to the Dragon. It's the famous one, for some reason, but it isn't even the best road in its vicinity :D

Back