Smart City Brake Support - How do I know if its working?

Wait where are you located? Sorry on my phone and don't see if you have a location posted. So your reverse system worked in reverse for the scbs? I know the cx5 can do it but not sure if US one does it.
vivivixx is at southern NJ and none of the CX-5's sold in the North American market has SCBS Reverse feature.

vivivixx is at southern NJ and none of the CX-5's sold in the North American market has SCBS Reverse feature.

Wait so he's in the US and as described by him/her, seems like they have it. But as you said and what my understanding is, that no US cx5 has it.

It works. I hv the car about 4 months now and activated 3 times. One was when I roll into my garage door slowly. The other 2 times was dbag didn’t signal for a turn into a lot and it was on. Pretty loud when it activated since I wasn’t expecting or aware of it. Pretty nice feature if it works the way they are supposed to work

Wait where are you located? Sorry on my phone and don't see if you have a location posted. So your reverse system worked in reverse for the scbs? I know the cx5 can do it but not sure if US one does it.

Oh, it didn't work in reverse, which I knew it wouldn't. The guys I work with just wanted to see me run over a huge bag of peanuts lol
Which I didn't :)

I also have a 2016 GT and never knew if this feature works or not until the other day when it randomly activated on me. I was coming up to a red light and the brakes locked up on me, the car made some beeping noises, and the lcd next to the speedometer said "smart city brake support activated" in red color. BTW there was no one around me so it deployed on accident.... but it is present.

Hello Team

Warning distance in the SBS/SCBS setting by default is Near. For more safety isn't it better to set it to Far? Also whats the distance difference between Near and Far. I tried both, but cant make out
If any one has any comments please advice,

view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6S-HltA7vu7NTFSbEJNbjJRX2c/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Back