US Diesel's big splash introduction

The quality of diesel fuel should be irrelevant to overheating problem.

Taiwan is not a small 80 X 60 km island and there's a Mazda branch office there with good dealer network. The overheating complaints from those CX-5 owners have been using Mazda dealers for routine maintenance, or Mazda dealers would easily use that as an excuse not to do anything for their overheating or blown head gasket problems. Mazda Taiwan has stopped selling its most popular diesel models for 2019, and why is that?

No it hasn’t.

https://www.mazda.com.tw/cars/mazda-cx-5/features/performance/

I’m bored with this nonsense now. If I agree with you 52 that all 2.2 diesels globally are garbage due to what happened on an island off the coast of China and shouldn’t be bought including the heap of junk sitting in my garage, will that maybe give you sufficient reason to admit victory and stop going on about it?

The quality of diesel fuel should be irrelevant to overheating problem.

Taiwan is not a small 80 X 60 km island and there's a Mazda branch office there with good dealer network. The overheating complaints from those CX-5 owners have been using Mazda dealers for routine maintenance, or Mazda dealers would easily use that as an excuse not to do anything for their overheating or blown head gasket problems. Mazda Taiwan has stopped selling its most popular diesel models for 2019, and why is that?

I looked on Yelp. There are a number of dealerships in Taipei and just to the southwest. Another dealer in a city SE of Taipei. That’s it. No dealers on the southern half of the island.

Since you live there maybe you can clarify if there are other dealers.

Unfortunately some can't function unless everything is negative or doom and gloom. The glass is always half empty.

Everything bad will happen and can't take things in perspective or look at the entire picture.

Mazda's had issues with the 2.2D in the past. Acknowledge that. In some cases, we don't know the full factors involved as to why these things have occured. But it doesn't mean it will continue to happen.

It is well and truely time to move on from this discussion point.

Last edited:
Unfortunately some can't function unless everything is negative or doom and gloom. The glass is always half empty.

Everything bad will happen and can't take things in perspective or look at the entire picture.

Mazda's had issued with the 2.2D in the past. Acknowledge that. In some cases, we don't know the full factors involved as to why these things have occured. But it doesn't mean it will continue to happen.

It is well and truely time to move on from this discussion point.

Agreed.

Your link is only for technical information which includes SkyActiv-D 2.2L deisel which was available from 2013 but stopped for 2019 MY.

that's funny... because I was just in Taiwan for a few weeks and went to check out 2.2L diesel CX5 at Mazda dealer there and they said they stopped selling that engine option but never really explained why.
Actually Mazda's SkyActiv-D 2.2L could have other issues. I just watched a YouTube review from Taiwan for 2019 Mazda CX-5. One of the three drawbacks the reviewer said Mazda in Taiwan stopped offering more popular 2.2L diesel as an option on 2019 CX-5 because many 2018 CX-5 diesel owners have encountered overheating problem and Mazda haven't figured out the resolution.

I looked on Yelp. There are a number of dealerships in Taipei and just to the southwest. Another dealer in a city SE of Taipei. Thats it. No dealers on the southern half of the island.

Since you live there maybe you can clarify if there are other dealers.
Mazda CX-5 is considered as larger SUV in Taiwan and a higher-end vehicle as it's an import with higher price. Those buying the larger or higher-end vehicles would want a diesel as diesel fuel is cheaper due to government subsidy. More people buying the imports are living in Taipei area which is the capital at Northern Taiwan. The service is nice from those dealers for imports such as Mazda where they will send a driver to your residence picking up your vehicle for routine maintenance. For the areas with less quantity of their vehicles they usually would contract private garages doing the service and maintenance.

No I don't live in Taiwan, I'm in Dallas, Texas.

I believe most people here would want the correct information and facts been posted. There's no need to categorize such information and facts as "negative" or "doom and gloom", or start a personal attack. We all appreciate Anchorman who can always provide us very valuable documents from Mazda and his extensive experience from his engineering background. The same to Xeler8ing who can always provide information in timely manner for those who have needs. Of course we will have some differences on things because we're human, but we shall live with these differences and move on, still a group of nice people here in this Mazdas247 forum! (drinks)

I believe most people here would want the correct information and facts been posted. There's no need to categorize such information and facts as "negative" or "doom and gloom", or start a personal attack. We all appreciate Anchorman who can always provide us very valuable documents from Mazda and his extensive experience from his engineering background. The same to Xeler8ing who can always provide information in timely manner for those who have needs. Of course we will have some differences on things because we're human, but we shall live with these differences and move on, still a group of nice people here in this Mazdas247 forum! (drinks)

I do think we all want information whether it’s positive or negative. However the constant negative posting comes across as sour grapes.

There comes a time to just stop.

I do think we all want information whether it’s positive or negative. However the constant negative posting comes across as sour grapes.

There comes a time to just stop.

(iagree)

I don't have an issue with pointing out the negatives but constantly harping on about it and painting it as the status quo is neither healthy or frankly very constructive.

There are nice and decent users here on the Mazdas247 and I have learnt quite a bit be it issues/negatives that have occurred (proportionally) but also all the positive information including tips and other owners/users experiences (cheers2)

Last edited:
I blame furia for resurrecting this thread when it was dormant for at least 2 weeks already... I'm just kidding LOL.

Just sharing some thoughts on why I'm on this forum. I come here to primarily to past my time and occasionally get some info, or share some info regarding our cars. We all like our Mazdas, at least I'm assuming we all do, that's why we're on here. I understand and appreciate the sharing of negative news regarding Mazda and their vehicles. However too much negativity is also not good, as it will simply stop people from logging on to this forum. I know that happened to me a couple of times and I just didn't want to waste time reading threads on here. So like others have said, we all should lighten up. Automobile ownership is never perfect, but life is too short to not enjoy our Mazdas.

I blame furia for resurrecting this thread when it was dormant for at least 2 weeks already... I'm just kidding LOL.

Just sharing some thoughts on why I'm on this forum. I come here to primarily to past my time and occasionally get some info, or share some info regarding our cars. We all like our Mazdas, at least I'm assuming we all do, that's why we're on here. I understand and appreciate the sharing of negative news regarding Mazda and their vehicles. However too much negativity is also not good, as it will simply stop people from logging on to this forum. I know that happened to me a couple of times and I just didn't want to waste time reading threads on here. So like others have said, we all should lighten up. Automobile ownership is never perfect, but life is too short to not enjoy our Mazdas.

+1

Wait for it..worst case you will have other d options but guessing you're looking @4-6 to possibly 10-12 months for the Korean alternatives.

T_T because I really really really want one and my 535d lease is due soon.

it's hard to give up the MPG and torq.

I hear you. Unfortunately, we don't have any updates since the last one where it was certified by CARB. Also since we're already halfway through the year, I don't think Mazda will be releasing it this year.

Back