Struggling w Premium decision

I'm really close to moving on a 17 GT, but cannot decide on the Premium package.

I'll be the only driver 99.9% of the time, so seat memory not that appealing to me.
No young kids - I doubt anyone will ever sit in the back seat so rear seat heaters not appealing to me.
Power passenger seat - not really my problem - I'll never sit there :)
Heated steering wheel - meh, I'd probably pay $20 if it were a la carte.
Heated wipers - meh, I'd probably pay $25 if it were a la carte.
HUD - this is the crux of the issue. It's super cool, a little distracting at first, but ultimately will increase safety for sure. $1850 is a lot of money, though.
Resale - I feel the package will definitely help resale, but not a huge issue here.

Any feedback one way or the other?

Thanks!

I agree with your take, but I'd give $100 each for the steering wheel and wipers. That leaves $1650 for the HUD. I will get it, just will resent them for charging me so much for it.

Just like the $2K nav on my 2000 Acura. I absolutely loved it, but doesn't change the fact that it s robbery.

Heated wipers are the bomb. HUD is sexy but on my z06 it was mainly a novelty, I felt. Does help resale though, because sex sells.

Yeah I am assuming it'll all be fine but I can imagine the frustration if something went wrong. Similarly to the LED headlights going out post warranty.

That's why I got the extended warranty, this car has a lot of tech stuff so I just feel less worried about things going wrong for the next 7 years, or 100k lol I got extended warranty for my mazda 3 too and the plastic screen for the HUD stopped working a few months after the manufacturer's warranty went out. Had it replaced under extended warranty and had to pay $100 deductible. The parts and labor came out to $800'ish for the HUD.

As someone who was REALLY on the fence for a 2017 GT ... I say SKIP the extra package
I was super on the fence to get a GT because of the BOSE audio and the slightly nicer interior...
I really did not want a sunroof or leather seats or the Auto lift gate ...

I ended up buying the base model because of the 17 inch wheels looks better IMO
Cloth seats is just better IMO ... more grip less slip ... LED low beam comes standard even on Sport trim (minus the signature lights tho )

If I had extra $ to burn the GT is not a BAD deal by a far shot...
you get alot for your $ ... the question for me was ... did I need all that extra stuff
(uhm)

Can't miss what you don't have now. Resale.... are you keeping it until it dies? You will pay $1800 up front and it will add $100 to your cars value when you trade it for a new one down the road! Will you have buyers remorse if you don't add it to your build?

Can't miss what you don't have now. Resale.... are you keeping it until it dies? You will pay $1800 up front and it will add $100 to your cars value when you trade it for a new one down the road! Will you have buyers remorse if you don't add it to your build?
This is the point. Hindsight. Get it now, no regrets later!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It sounds like you've already decided that $1.8k is too much money for you to be happy with what it includes. I think HUD is an amazing convenience and safety feature so I wouldn't hesitate to get it again, but here in Canada our packages are different so it was an easier bundle to choose. I'm the kind of guy that needs to max it out or will regret not having features though :)

It may add that to the book value, but what will it add in the real world? For example, my Grand Jeep Cherokee bluebooked at 14K, and I got $17K no problem. Why? QDII and a HEMI. That's why. Super desirable traits for that vehicle, and they enhanced the real world value significantly.

It sounds like you've already decided that $1.8k is too much money for you to be happy with what it includes. I think HUD is an amazing convenience and safety feature so I wouldn't hesitate to get it again, but here in Canada our packages are different so it was an easier bundle to choose. I'm the kind of guy that needs to max it out or will regret not having features though :)
Lucky guy. Here in the Philippines we only have 3 variants without options. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/597374514bcce/All-New-Mazda-CX-5-5.9.17.pdf

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

It may add that to the book value, but what will it add in the real world? For example, my Grand Jeep Cherokee bluebooked at 14K, and I got $17K no problem. Why? QDII and a HEMI. That's why. Super desirable traits for that vehicle, and they enhanced the real world value significantly.

Depends on which country the car is being sold. Some markets might add a few real world $$$

No regerts, man!

Get that Tesla Model X, instead. Buy what you really want your money is no object.

The premium package is a turd if you don't live in the cold.

No regerts, man!

Get that Tesla Model X, instead. Buy what you really want your money is no object.

(uhm) not completely. Some people want memory seats so that alone for them is justification enough!

No regerts, man!

Was thinking almost exact same thing but not that hideous turd..saw the new Cayman 718 on I84 today..that and a Macan S and I'm good no regrets!

(uhm) not completely. Some people want memory seats so that alone for them is justification enough!

I couldn't wait to try this feature out on the Volvo (that was included, not part of a package). Not only memory, but they work with the fob. So if I unlock, it moves to my position...as long as I use 'my' fob. So one day I get the seat perfectly configured for me. Save it, and lock the car with my remote. That sets it. Wife does the same. Sweet! Fast forward to today. Yea, I think at this point both fobs are programmed to her. FOb's aren't marked. I get in the car and move the seat back. That's about all the adjustment I need. It even has memory buttons... don't use 'em. Just move the seat back. Yea, I'm going to disagree: no way on god's green is this worth $1800.... even if you're 2 feet taller then your wife. TEHO

Last edited:
The package is worth $1800 to me and many others.If you think it's not worth it to you don't buy it.I always buy my vehicles fully loaded and have never regretted it.I do find it funny when people regret not getting a package latter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Obviously, Denny. No one said, (I don't think) "no one needs that. What a waste!" Different strokes and we all know that.

How do you find it when people don't go fully loaded and don't regret it? :D

Yea very often I see people regret not getting a package rather than regret getting one. If you can't justify spending $1800 for one or two features that you might like, don't get it. I know living in SoCal I hardly have to use heated seats so having heated steering wheel and rear seats doesn't really matter to me but for those instances that it's needed, I'll be glad I got it. If I'm spending over $30k on a car, might as well get all the extra goodies. In the meantime, I'll go and enjoy the HUD All I gotta say is it' once you get a car with one, it's pretty hard not to get a car without one.

Yea very often I see people regret not getting a package rather than regret getting one. If you can't justify spending $1800 for one or two features that you might like, don't get it. I know living in SoCal I hardly have to use heated seats so having heated steering wheel and rear seats doesn't really matter to me but for those instances that it's needed, I'll be glad I got it. If I'm spending over $30k on a car, might as well get all the extra goodies. In the meantime, I'll go and enjoy the HUD All I gotta say is it' once you get a car with one, it's pretty hard not to get a car without one.

If $1800 more makes it a deal-breaker, you're looking at the wrong vehicle. My .02

Back