Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read this thread my opinion on the average age of posters here goes waaaay up :p

Horse and buggy was good enough... no need for these newfangled contraptions...

When I read this thread my opinion on the average age of posters here goes waaaay up :p

Horse and buggy? I demand a rickshaw! Chop chop boy!

I love technology and great tools like reliable navigation, but not at the cost of reliability. Buggy apps annoy me.

I heard that Mazda was thinking of doing an update to their Infotainment System, and that get Apple CarPlay may actually still be a possibility on our vehicles that didn't come with it. Does anyone have the latest info as to when we can expect Mazda to send out this update?

I heard that Mazda was thinking of doing an update to their Infotainment System, and that get Apple CarPlay may actually still be a possibility on our vehicles that didn't come with it. Does anyone have the latest info as to when we can expect Mazda to send out this update?

Mazda has been "on board" for years now but has yet to actually execute the release of these platforms. You can find Mazda listed on both Apple and Android Autos site. However, this has been years and still nothing yet. Most recent news came from a Mazda spokesperson stating that it should be coming and certain vehicles will be able to be upgraded to run AA and Carplay. As stated by the spokesperson regarding upgrading current vehicles, "should be retroactively upgradeable onto all Mazda Connect systems with a potentially minimal hardware addition needed". So who knows when or if this will actually happen.

https://www.cars.com/articles/mazda-to-add-android-auto-apple-carplay-capability-1420694439589/

Yeah, I heard that...the same person said President Trump is an alien from a galaxy outside this solar system. :)

Mazda has been "on board" for years now but has yet to actually execute the release of these platforms. You can find Mazda listed on both Apple and Android Autos site. However, this has been years and still nothing yet. Most recent news came from a Mazda spokesperson stating that it should be coming and certain vehicles will be able to be upgraded to run AA and Carplay. As stated by the spokesperson regarding upgrading current vehicles, "should be retroactively upgradeable onto all Mazda Connect systems with a potentially minimal hardware addition needed". So who knows when or if this will actually happen.

https://www.cars.com/articles/mazda-to-add-android-auto-apple-carplay-capability-1420694439589/
Another "reputable" click-bait site. Bwahaha.

Last edited:
Yeah, I heard that...the same person said President Trump is an alien from a galaxy outside this solar system. :)

Another "reputable" click-bait site. Bwahaha.

What the hell are you talking about? Kevboy was curious as to what the latest is regarding Mazda and these platforms and I linked him to the most recent info. If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute, why are you in this post?

What the hell are you talking about? Kevboy was curious as to what the latest is regarding Mazda and these platforms and I linked him to the most recent info. If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute, why are you in this post?

Curious, and this thread is like 41 pages, of mostly crap.

Mods should close this thread down and start a new one with just the details of if/when CarPlay is coming. No more chipotle's and mango's.

LOL. Lexus, Volvo, Infiniti...I'd say we're in good company. 👍

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mods should close this thread down and start a new one with just the details of if/when CarPlay is coming. No more chipotle's and mango's.
The info we have re: these features coming wouldn't make much if a thread.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have a good idea, I should have thought of this a while ago. Go to a Mitsubishi dealer, and sit in a Mirage GT (hatch or sedan). It has crapple carplay and android auto, so you can try it out and see if it's something you'd like.

That's the nature of these speculation threads unfortunately. Aside from the references to individuals.

Yeah I think it's clear from the title that it's a speculation thread (and given how Mazda is proceeding, it'll probably be speculation for a long time to come :()

Tweet by waze (@waze)
7/26/17, 6:55 AM
It’'s official, @Android Wazers—#Waze for #AndroidAuto is here. Plug your Android into a compatible car & Waze away. https://blog.waze.com/2017/07/Waze-for-Android-Auto.html?m=1

Now if Mazda can get on the stick with AA/ACP I'll replace my iPhone with an Android device and ditch the Phone mount.

Yes, I like Waze and live traffic/rerouting that much - 7 year iPhone user moving to Android when/if AA is available on my 16.5 CX-5.

Last edited:
Now if Mazda can get on the stick with AA/ACP I'll replace my iPhone with an Android device and ditch the Phone mount.

Yes, I like Waze and live traffic/rerouting that much - 7 year iPhone user moving to Android when/if AA is available on my 16.5 CX-5.

How do people like Waze when it only gives the option of tracking your every movement 24/7? It does not give the option to use location services only while using the app, like Google Maps and other apps do. I downloaded it last night but when I saw that, I removed it right away.

How do people like Waze when it only gives the option of tracking your every movement 24/7? It does not give the option to use location services only while using the app, like Google Maps and other apps do. I downloaded it last night but when I saw that, I removed it right away.

Guess I don't go anywhere exciting enough to worry about it.

If you're really worried about being tracked, you probably shouldn't carry a smart phone. The government/LE can track you at will unless you turn off your phone AND remove the SIM card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back