2016.5 backup camera not functioning

LarryB78

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD + Tech
Everything has been status quo until this morning when I got to work, put the car in reverse to park & noticed the camera didn't come on. Tried shifting a few times, restarting the car, nothing. Will try factory reset this afternoon if need be, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a resolution before i resort to this and/or warranty claim. Thanks.

I had the same issue a few weeks ago, came out from the store, put it in reverse and no camera feed. I restarted it a few times and still nothing. I let it sit overnight and it worked the next morning. Haven't had an issue since. Some one suggested that maybe having the NAV screen on before you shut down might have something to do with it. I believe that was my issue. I doubt the dealer could do anything unless it's dead when you bring it in, or could be in need of a software update.

Could just be a loose/dirty connector. New enough, let the dealer deal with it.

Could just be a loose/dirty connector. New enough, let the dealer deal with it.
I had that on my other one, got a blue screen, took the back door apart and cleaned the connector and all was well. This seems to be different, camera is not even coming on, like software isn't talking to it. Like you said, dealer problem.

Thanks guys - on a whim I opened & closed the trunk before heading into work, at lunchtime it worked as if there was never a problem. No idea if this did anything or it was just a software glitch, we'll see if the problem resurfaces.

Everything has been status quo until this morning when I got to work, put the car in reverse to park & noticed the camera didn't come on. Tried shifting a few times, restarting the car, nothing. Will try factory reset this afternoon if need be, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a resolution before i resort to this and/or warranty claim. Thanks.

Happened to me 8-10 times during past 18 months of 16.5 ownership. Learned the hard way that "rebooting" doesn't always work. 20% of the time I had to wait for >5mins before restarting engine. (In these rare occasions, restarting engine say after 1-2 mins didn't help (still no backup cam). The fact that one had to wait for long enough before restarting convinces me that somehow it has to do with overheating of some electronic components (or the cam itself?).

Back