Key Fob Battery.

I replaced the battery in both key fobs but the flashing "key battery low" indicator won't turn off. Does anyone know of a way to stop the red warning light from flashing? Or is there something else going on?

I replaced the battery in both key fobs but the flashing "key battery low" indicator won't turn off. Does anyone know of a way to stop the red warning light from flashing? Or is there something else going on?

Probably a bad batch of batteries or old batteries. I had the same issue but switching to fresher batteries solved the problem.

Hello, I just bought a 2017 CX-9.
I've had it off the lot for no more than 48 hours and I went to start it today and received the following message: "Key Fob Battery Low. Hold Key Close to Start Button"
There's no way the battery could have gone bad in 48 hours? What would cause this?
Thanks so much for your time.
-Matt
P.S. Here is a photo: https://ibb.co/gUmLMG
gUmLMG

Last edited:
I've had it off the lot for no more than 48 hours and I went to start it today and received the following message: "Key Fob Battery Low. Hold Key Close to Start Button"
There's no way the battery could have gone bad in 48 hours? What would cause this?
-Matt
gUmLMG

Just like you can get a light bulb that goes right away. It happens. Most likely a bad battery. Replace the battery at the dealership they will do it for free because you just got it or got to local store and get the battery and replace it. If it happens again then you have a defective remote or you are sitting on your key and draining the battery. Simple fixes

-Matt
gUmLMG
Make sure to try both of your key fobs. If both key fobs have the same issue, you may have more serious problems. Take your new CX-9 for either new key fob battery or new push-botton start system.

Hello Caspan, thanks so much for taking the time.
Strangely, I drove the rest of the evening with the same key and no issues??
Even today, no issues? Maybe the battery is starting to go dead?
Thanks again!
Matt

Make sure to try both of your key fobs. If both key fobs have the same issue, you may have more serious problems. Take your new CX-9 for either new key fob battery or new push-botton start system.

Thank you so much for taking the time, yrwei52.
I am going to keep an eye on it. I haven't had issues since, but I am going to bring it up to the dealer.
Thanks again,

Matt

Hello Caspan, thanks so much for taking the time.
Strangely, I drove the rest of the evening with the same key and no issues??
Even today, no issues? Maybe the battery is starting to go dead?
Thanks again!
Matt

What's with all the question marks? Sorry; just had to ask!

Back