2013~2016 Air condition maintenance

:
CX-5, fwd auto
Hi everyone
To keep the manual a.c. running please let me know what I need to do? And how often you need to do the a.c. maintenance please. Thanks

Aside from changing cabin filters.........run the AC periodically. It self-lubricates its parts..wait that didn't come out right!!(alright)

Felixd who posts a lot of helpful How To's posted a video on how to clean the AC fan blower. Something I want to do soon.

Cleaning AC Fan Blower

Outside of that, top off on the refrigerant if needed?

Cabin Filter change as suggested per the owner's manual. Nothing else to do as long as it's blowing cold air.

Hi everyone
To keep the manual a.c. running please let me know what I need to do? And how often you need to do the a.c. maintenance please. Thanks

In addition to installing a new cabin air filter it helps to spray the a/c condenser down and get the road grime off for better cooling.I spray it down every time I go to the self serve car wash.It also helps to clean the radiator which is mounted right behind it.My a/c was working great this past week with the 97* days and high humidity.

In addition to installing a new cabin air filter it helps to spray the a/c condenser down and get the road grime off for better cooling.I spray it down every time I go to the self serve car wash.It also helps to clean the radiator which is mounted right behind it.My a/c was working great this past week with the 97* days and high humidity.

Huh...never thought to do that. Any particular method to how you spray it?

I actually use an AC coil cleaner. Same one I use for my AC unit in my Attic and outside. It breaks down grime but wont harm aluminum. Otherwise use a garden hose but using min to med pressure only.

I actually use an AC coil cleaner. Same one I use for my AC unit in my Attic and outside. It breaks down grime but wont harm aluminum. Otherwise use a garden hose but using min to med pressure only.

I've never done this. How does one do it? Where do you spray it from?

I use this product diluted in a gallon of water. I use a pump spray like one used for weeds. Spray on car radiator and condendsor thingy through the car's grille. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
Leave for a few minutes then hose off.

At home, I spray this on my AC unit's Evaporator coils to keep it clean from dust and grime.

Hi everyone

Run it 10 minutes per month minimum to keep it internally lubricated, and change filter on schedule.

Interesting. Thank you!

Found a review of product I used (Used it to clean the condenser on my car and it dropped my ac down 20 degrees!! My car blows ice cold now!!)

Now I don't know about that...well unless his car's condensor was super clogged up. He was probably able to loosen up grime and hose off. The condensor requires good air flow in between those fins to work more efficiently.

Run it 10 minutes per month minimum to keep it internally lubricated, and change filter on schedule.

This is good sound advice.

I don't do anything special to clean the condenser and radiator.While washing the rest of the car I just spray the pressure wand through the grill and the opening below the grill using the soap and then rinse it good when rinsing the rest of the car.Done it that way for years.Same with washing down the engine compartment.Now here you gotta be more careful and not stupid like blasting electrical connectors or trying to wash out the inside of the alternator.

I wish there was easier access to the condensor fins. Sometimes dead bugs or leaves are stuck up in there. Otherwise simply hosing down periodically is sufficient. My home Ac unit (outside heat pump) fins I can clean easy since well I can touch them and comb the fins back in straight lines. Not so much on a car's condensor since the grille is in the way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back