Tires

225/55R19 only come with H speed rating.
Yeah, General AltiMAX RT43 has only H rated on 225/55R19. Use H rated tires on CX-5 with confidence, as Mazda itself uses H rated tires on lower trimed CX-5 too.

If you really prefer V rated tires on 225/55R19 but don't want to pay high price, here's a good alternative with V speed rating AND higher load index, 103V; not to mention it has good reviews and costs half of the price comparing to many other 225/55R19 tires. :)

Went to my Discount Tire Store yesterday checking out the price and availability on new 225/55R19 tires again. The rep measured tread depth of my CX-5 and verified all 4 are having 4/32" left and wearing evenly on middle and side tread. My 2016 CX-5 GT AWD now has 33,220 miles on OE Toyo A23's. This proved keeping tire pressure at least 3 psi higher than factory recommended 36 psi at 39~40 psi is the right decision on tire wear, although I personally don't like the firm sometimes harsh ride due to higher tire pressure with these A23's.

Thanks to nice find and 8,000-mile mostly winter road condition ride experience by Badgerbass on Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V tire, I asked the rep if DT can get this tire even though I'd asked the same question before to a different rep and he said they can't. But this time he made some extra effort and found the source which DT can order Radar tires from, Omnisource. By going through Discount Tire ordering this tire, I can enjoy lifetime tire rotation、balancing、and puncture repair nation-wide, not to mention DT usually can match online price. Currently this Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V tire sells for $84.44 each with free shipping at WalMart.com, which is less than half of the prices from most other tires with same size!

Another tire option for 19" wheels

attachment.php

View attachment 220669

Once again, I believe that H rated tires will perform sufficiently, BUT, just make sure your tire dealer will provide a warranty should you have an issue as Mazda does recommend V rated tires for the 19" GT model, but only an H rating for the 17" GX and GS models. Pirelli, for one, clearly states they won't back a warranty if you use H rated tires on a V rated vehicle, although COSTCO told me they would personally back such a warranty as they have their own in house warranty which is not from Pirelli.

Looks to me, Radar tire is a Brand owned by this company.
https://omni-united.com/
Looks to me, it is an importer that imports tires from China.

Price to increase due to tariff on Chinese products.
https://assets-us-01.kc-usercontent...-bc7d-7b0b0cc1a49c/price increases letter.pdf
Omni United is located in Singapore and its tires are manufactured in 8 locations across 3 countries. Radar tire is Omni United's premier brand since 2006. Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V tire actually is made in Thailand like some tires from major brands including Michelin, Pirelli, and Continental, not from China.

In fact, I just ordered a set of Radar Dimax AS-8's from Discount Tire yesterday taking advantage of 10% rebate from its Independence Day Event. They matched WalMart price at $84.49 each, with installation, life-time tire maintenance, disposal fee, and $28.79 8.25% sales tax, $461.75 - $46 prepaid MasterCard = $415.75 total out of the door.

I'm not in the hurry to install them on wife's CX-5 as the Toyo's still have 4/32" tread depth left at 35,392 miles.

Last edited:
Omni United is located in Singapore and its tires are manufactured in 8 locations across 3 countries. Radar tire is Omni United's premier brand since 2006. Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V tire actually is made in Thailand like some tires from major brands including Michelin, Pirelli, and Continental, not from China.

In fact, I just ordered a set of Radar Dimax AS-8's from Discount Tire yesterday taking advantage of 10% rebate from its Independent Day Event. They matched WalMart price at $84.49 each, with installation, life-time tire maintenance, disposal fee, and $28.79 8.25% sales tax, $461.75 - $46 prepaid MasterCard = $415.75 total out of the door.

I'm not in the hurry to install them on wife's CX-5 as the Toyo's still have 4/32" tread depth left at 35,392 miles.

Hope they work as you expect them to perform.

Last edited:
Hope they work as you expect them to perform.
Based on reviews from many websites including Amazon and WalMart, and member's experience here in this forum, these Radar tires should be fine for my CX-5. I definitely have no complaints on price!

Hello, plan to change my Mazda's tire next month but could not decide what is the best choice for me.

This thread is about cheap and questionable tires. They may turn out fine. Maybe not. I'm not a fan of cheap iffy solutions, so I'd recommend the LX25 CrossContact, Altimax Rt43, Continental TrueContact, or Michelin Premier LTX if you understand that they may wear fast.

This thread is about cheap and questionable tires. They may turn out fine. Maybe not. I'm not a fan of cheap iffy solutions...

Agreed. Tires are the most important thing on a vehicle, going with cheap or discount here is not for me or my family. Save money somewhere else. (angel)

Agreed. Tires are the most important thing on a vehicle, going with cheap or discount here is not for me or my family. Save money somewhere else. (angel)

They are literally the only part of the vehicle that (should) touches the road. Literally everything depends on them, braking, handling, accelerating...it's ALL a function of the tires. Nothing else is that important.

I highly recommend Goodyear's Assurance ComforTred if available in the size you need. Nearly ~40k miles on mine and they're still great. They are an 80K mile tire with about ~50% or less tread left (right on the money). Not a budget tire by any means but I got mine for about $128 or $138 a tire several years ago.

This thread is about cheap and questionable tires. They may turn out fine. Maybe not. I'm not a fan of cheap iffy solutions, so I'd recommend the LX25 CrossContact, Altimax Rt43, Continental TrueContact, or Michelin Premier LTX if you understand that they may wear fast.

Thank you very much, I make out your speech.

I highly recommend Goodyear's Assurance ComforTred if available in the size you need. Nearly ~40k miles on mine and they're still great. They are an 80K mile tire with about ~50% or less tread left (right on the money). Not a budget tire by any means but I got mine for about $128 or $138 a tire several years ago.

Thanks, I think it's really a good recommendation for me.

While they don't handle quite as well as my old Michelins did, for the price, I'm now very happy with my Altimax RT43 tires. They are wearing nicely as in...hardly so far. And agree, they handle wet weather excellently.

Latest posts

Back