How many miles before you replaced your original tires?

At 72K km my stock 17" Geolandars are down to ~4-5/32th. That's with 3-4 months/year of winter driving on a dedicated winter set.

Not impressed at all, nothing special about them. Technically I could still finish the season on them, but rain driving is getting sketchy and they are definitely waaay out of my comfort zone. Will be replacing with something else very soon.

Im in North County San Diego and I drive a lot for work. I got my CX-5 AWD touring at the end of December 2018 and had to get a set of new tires at 41K miles.

2014 currently sitting in the driveway with 49k miles, still wearing OEM Yokohamas. They're worn, but they wore perfectly evenly and still give a decent ride. Probably going to replace them within the next few months.

I bought Firestone weather grip (4 season not all season) in 235/55/19, went through a major snow storm already yes in September... anyways, they performed very well, going through over a foot of very wet snow without issues.

With the use of the Blizzaks I am still on my stock 19" A23s. I need to measure this weekend but they are getting down there. It is borderline so either this summer or next spring at the latest.

These BF Goodrich ADVANTAGE T/A SPORT LT - SIZE: 225/55R19 appear to have really good ratings
Did you get these yet? If so, what do you think?
BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT performed poorly in Tire Rack's road test.

BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT 225/55R19 is Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season tire which is fairly new but has been listed in my 2nd comparison table.

Although BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT is now rated #1 out of 30 in Tire Ratings Charts on Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season tires from TireRack.com which overtook the previous Michelin Premier LTX, but it has only 156K reported miles from customers, comparing to Premier LTX's 7M miles. We shall wait and see.

Based on specs on BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT, I personally don't like the "700 B A" UTQG, lower 44 psi maximum inflation pressure, and heavier 30 lbs. tire weight.
It also performs absolutely dismally in the rain, and I'd never buy them.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/chartDisplay.jsp?ttid=229

Just look at that wet pavement stopping distance!
Didn't check the test results performed by TireRack but only mentioned good initial customer reviews with caution.

I agree with you the test results are not good in almost EVERY category on BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT, not just in wet test track!

2016 Touring AWD and replaced at 52,500 miles July 2019. Would swap between OEM Yoko's and my winter Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2's every year. Tires were at 3/32-4/32" and I could tell the car would start to lose traction at highway speeds during that summer. Was thinking of waiting it out until next year, but ultimately was happy I didn't (we got a LOT of rain later in the season in MN).

Replaced tp P7 plus yesterday with about 4/32nd left at 27700 miles.

Too new to say anything concrete but the steering feels lighter and tires seem to be a bit of quieter than my old OEM Toyos.

im at 48,000 on originals. Drive the 2 wheel drive Touring and two of the tires are now flush with the markers. Went to tire shop and the owner recommends Aroyo eco pro ht tires. I live in Los Angels and mentioned I only drive 8,000 miles a year would like quieter tires and asked about Michelin or other popular brands. He claims those crack over time and I won't get value out of them due to not driving much as they are warrantied for more miles but not time. anymore recommend these Aroyo?

Replaced tp P7 plus yesterday with about 4/32nd left at 27700 miles.

Too new to say anything concrete but the steering feels lighter and tires seem to be a bit of quieter than my old OEM Toyos.

I had considered the P7 on my previous CX-5 GT, BUT, after reading the fine print on the Pirelli tire sticker which says..."REPLACEMENT TIRES MUST ALWAYS HAVE A LOAD INDEX AND SPEED RATING EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN THOSE FITTED AS ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT" I opted for a V rated Michelin Premier LTX. Mazda recommends a V rated tire for the GS and GT models so that is what I decided to stick with. Hopefully your dealer pointed this out and advised you accordingly. I'd hate to see you have a warranty issue in the future and have your dealer renege on fixing the tire(s) because Pirelli wouldn't back the warranty up.

"LOAD INDEX AND SPEED RATING EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN THOSE FITTED AS ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT "

Load (weight) - important especially if you load the vehicle close to GVWR .
Speed rating -- not as important (you can lose 10, 20 on the MPH rating); just know that you should keep your speed below 120; also know that if you exceed the speed it is not instant failure it is long term failure mostly due to the heat generated at upper speeds.

I ran into this on my MINI Cooper; I wanted some Michelin tires in a certain aspect ratio, and NOT a run flat -- the speed rating was 15 MPH less than what was called for . Bummer I had to keep it below 120 mph for the daily commute. Costco warned me and that was the end of the conversation, the dealer never once made any mention of them, and the car was serviced/repaired under warranty without issue.

Remember warranty claims refusal must be backed by cause by owner/abuse (it simply can't be oh I see your tires are underspec'd, we aren't gonna cover your brakes). So in the case of tires, I'm not even sure what scenario would "blamed" on under spec'd tires .

"LOAD INDEX AND SPEED RATING EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN THOSE FITTED AS ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT "

Load (weight) - important especially if you load the vehicle close to GVWR .
Speed rating -- not as important (you can lose 10, 20 on the MPH rating); just know that you should keep your speed below 120; also know that if you exceed the speed it is not instant failure it is long term failure mostly due to the heat generated at upper speeds.

I ran into this on my MINI Cooper; I wanted some Michelin tires in a certain aspect ratio, and NOT a run flat -- the speed rating was 15 MPH less than what was called for . Bummer I had to keep it below 120 mph for the daily commute. Costco warned me and that was the end of the conversation, the dealer never once made any mention of them, and the car was serviced/repaired under warranty without issue.

Remember warranty claims refusal must be backed by cause by owner/abuse (it simply can't be oh I see your tires are underspec'd, we aren't gonna cover your brakes). So in the case of tires, I'm not even sure what scenario would "blamed" on under spec'd tires .

And who's to say that the dealer (or Pirelli), without proof, might not try to accuse you of over-weighting your vehicle, or, speeding beyond the H rated limit of 130 mph, then deny your warranty claim.

I just had another chat with my COSTCO tire rep regarding the use of H rated tires on my V rated GT. I pointed out, once again, the statement on Pirelli tire stickers. He said that COSTCO doesn't recommend H rated all season tires for V rated vehicles, but DO allow H rated winter tires to be installed on V rated vehicles. He showed me how they look up the model of one's vehicle on their computer to show what the tire rating for a vehicle is and then show that to a customer if they have questions.

Latest posts

Back