Carplay & iOS 13 public beta **must read**

:
2019 CX-5 Signature Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Hi all,

For anyone who is considering upgrading to any of the public beta's of iOS 13 to check out Carplay's new layout and so forth..

If you start having issues where the display says "Carplay is not responding" - disconnect the cable, go into your phone and delete the Mazda from your bluetooth settings. There's some kind of bug that's preventing bluetooth AND carplay from being used at the same time.

Just FYI - went a week without it and only found out about this trick today.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info!

How are you liking the new layout?

I like it! There's more info on the 'landing page' so to speak. You get a Map View, a currently playing view (with controllable buttons) and a calendar view too which really helps if you're in the car a lot for business.

I like it! There's more info on the 'landing page' so to speak. You get a Map View, a currently playing view (with controllable buttons) and a calendar view too which really helps if you're in the car a lot for business.

Cool! Looking forward to the official release!

It has been fixed in the latest developer beta. The next public beta should go out next week.

Pressing the Nav button no longer default to Apple Maps. It will be the current or last map app you were using. I got my CX-5 recently, not familiar with iOS 12 CarPlay on it. Pressing the music button goes to your music /audio app your are using. The function might have been in ios12?

split screen map/app is still apple's, maybe third party in the future?

Not fixed. It worked fine for few days. I did a reset and took the BT out of the equation this time. I'll see what happens in the next few days.

Mine works fine now too, on public beta 3.

Love the new CarPlay, and I hope Apple allows Google Maps and Waze to use the smaller map window on the new homescreen (rumour has it they will, but only after iOS13 goes live)

Latest posts

Back