Seat Heater, Heads Up Display Memory

Depends on how cold is cold. Since I don't have a garage, it would be really nice to have the car warmed up with seat heaters and steering wheel heaters on when remote starting it on frigid mornings. Not to mention having the windows defrosted.

I don't get the heated seat memory requirement. Usually I scale down to two bars after ten minutes, and turn it off by the time I've gone 20 or 30 minutes, so it wouldn't come on again anyway. Besides, I have a garage, and rarely need the heaters when leaving the house. Do people really leave them on indefinitely, without your butts getting too warm?

I don't get the heated seat memory requirement. Usually I scale down to two bars after ten minutes, and turn it off by the time I've gone 20 or 30 minutes, so it wouldn't come on again anyway. Besides, I have a garage, and rarely need the heaters when leaving the house. Do people really leave them on indefinitely, without your butts getting too warm?

My wife leaves it on and then opens the window, because she's hot. :D If I leave it on for more than 3 minutes, it's usually too long.

Yes, set to whatever you had it on when you shut down. If below 32F, it would be nice to have remote start also send the HVAC system to the defrost setting and turn on the rear defrost. Oh well, small issues really................
The one feature I really miss from my Saab. Rear defrost automatically came on when temps below 42. First few months in the Mazda I was like "why us my defroster not on...oh. it's manual now" lol

The one feature I really miss from my Saab. Rear defrost automatically came on when temps below 42. First few months in the Mazda I was like "why us my defroster not on...oh. it's manual now" lol

Would it stay on, or shut off after a time?

Back