What have you done to your CX-9 today?

That looks sharp! Any plans on lowering it to get rid of some wheel gap?

Yeah, I'd love to, but the only options available right now are a custom coilover kit from a company called SunWorks in Japan, or a custom coilover kit from Tein USA. Both options are $$$$$. A cheaper option like lowering springs would be right up my alley, but nobody makes them. It makes sense because so few people would actually lower their CX-9s, but still..

EDIT: Looking at the car from the rear, I think I might need to get some wider mudflaps.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd love to, but the only options available right now are a custom coilover kit from a company called SunWorks in Japan, or a custom coilover kit from Tein USA. Both options are $$$$$. A cheaper option like lowering springs would be right up my alley, but nobody makes them. It makes sense because so few people would actually lower their CX-9s, but still..

EDIT: Looking at the car from the rear, I think I might need to get some wider mudflaps.

Oof, maybe a one time group buy from Corksport with payment upfront for some lowering springs lol.

Let me know if you find wider mud flaps. The OEM is so dinky I think it serves very little purpose as mud flaps.

Thanks sm1ke, I missed that. I previously participated in a forum that separated comment areas by generation so I don't catch that sometimes.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I did find wider universal mudflaps from Rally Armor, the only problem is that I'd have to drill mounting holes myself, which really isn't a big deal. There are also the softer, "floppy" universal flaps all over amazon and eBay, but I think I'd prefer a hard plastic or rubber instead.

Changed out my 2016 CX-9 Cabin Air Filter today. It looked pretty moldy after three years and 28.5k miles of use.

See image.
NewVsOld.jpg

Gave it a quick wash yesterday. I like the way the MGM looks in the sun (it's brighter than it looks outside, my cell camera just sucks). I probably should have spent another few minutes to dry the car properly and wipe down the wheels, but at least I got some tire dressing on there.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20190417_151622.jpg
    IMG_20190417_151622.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 3,164
Gave it a quick wash yesterday. I like the way the MGM looks in the sun (it's brighter than it looks outside, my cell camera just sucks). I probably should have spent another few minutes to dry the car properly and wipe down the wheels, but at least I got some tire dressing on there.

attachment.php

Wow, very nice. Looks very aggressive but sophisticated.

^^ Looking sweet. (2thumbs)

Wow, very nice. Looks very aggressive but sophisticated.

Thanks guys, that's basically the look I'm after. Just needs a mild drop and I'd be set for "must-have" mods. After that, additional mods like sway bars, exhaust, tune, etc. would just be icing on the cake.

Did the first proper road trip, from WI to NJ. Divided it into two 7-hour legs. First leg I averaged 25 MPG at 75-80 mph almost all with ACC. 2nd leg dropped to 23 MPG when we hit the hills of PA, going mostly 75.

Detailed the car for the first time after getting it two months ago. Props to the dealer who did a nice detail, there were minimal and light swirl marks only so I didn't have to compound.

I have got to say, this is my first time detailing an SUV and major props to those who do this on the regular. Total took about 7 hours split between Saturday and Sunday. The only area I didn't cover was the engine bay, and this weekend I will tackle the door jambs. And 2nd coating of AMMONYC Mud on the tires to make them pop out more.

lOlELeA.jpg

KlnGaqD.jpg

Detailed the car for the first time after getting it two months ago. Props to the dealer who did a nice detail, there were minimal and light swirl marks only so I didn't have to compound.

I have got to say, this is my first time detailing an SUV and major props to those who do this on the regular. Total took about 7 hours split between Saturday and Sunday. The only area I didn't cover was the engine bay, and this weekend I will tackle the door jambs. And 2nd coating of AMMONYC Mud on the tires to make them pop out more.

Looks good!! What products did you use?

Looks good!! What products did you use?

For the painted surfaces, 2 step with Meguiar's 205 polish and Wolfgang Deep Gloss sealant. I also used the sealant on all chrome trim and outside glass. For the black exterior plastics and tires AMMONYC Mud.

For the painted surfaces, 2 step with Meguiar's 205 polish and Wolfgang Deep Gloss sealant. I also used the sealant on all chrome trim and outside glass. For the black exterior plastics and tires AMMONYC Mud.

Hand or machine polished?

Back