Sound

:
2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD
So my wife was pulling out of the high school parking lot last week after picking up our 14 year old granddaughter Lizzie, and had to do it briskly due to on-coming traffic. Lizzie said, "Grandma this car doesn't look like it should sound like that". This from a girl whose father has a 2017 Ford Focus RS which will hit 60 in 4.6 seconds.

Yay,we have ourselves a sound! I kid,I kid...

But really,a sound coming from where? A whine,clump,pop? Anything really...

A 0-60 4.6 car and your CX-5 sounds different. Fail to see the correlation,and with this amount of shotty info,who knows if a problem even exist besides the CX-5 wont accelerate into traffic like a RS Focus...

I think you're missing the point Nelson. OP is sharing a cute story. Not asking for help with an issue. This CUV shouldn't sound that GOOD.

We were late getting somewhere. I don't remember where but I was like 'fake stressing' playing around with my son, y'know making sure he knows we're running late.
"Daddy, just make the car make that VROOOOOM sound!!"
Yea, my son is WELL familiar with what FULL THROTTLE sounds like on a real transmission. :D

Shotty Info? (What's that?) No, a CX-5 does not accelerate like an RS, but it still sounds pretty healthy, even a 14 year old girl can tell that. Apparently you can't.

Shotty Info? (What's that?) No, a CX-5 does not accelerate like an RS, but it still sounds pretty healthy, even a 14 year old girl can tell that. Apparently you can't.
Easy boys. He thought you were actually looking for help not telling a cute story. [emoji41]

None of us get paid to hang out here and help people.
It would surprise none of us long time forumers here to have someone post: "My 7 year old said my car makes a funny noise. I never noticed it. Anyone know what it could be?"
lol

Last edited:

Yep,I have no idea how cars are supposed to sound. My job today is to tune the suspension and tires of an 600hp M3 for a track event this weekend. Although its not one of my favorites,I tuned it to sound the way it does too...Now,back to work (hardly working).

Carry on with your cute little stories...

The sound of a 3-rotor Rx7 at 10,000 rpm would make Batman suck on his thumb in fetal position.

Bragged? I just thought that it was cute the way she stated it. The RS was thrown in to
show that she has heard a car with some performance. Have fun playing with the M3.

Bragged? I just thought that it was cute the way she stated it. The RS was thrown in to
show that she has heard a car with some performance. Have fun playing with the M3.

Yeah I don't know what his problem is.

It was a great story (thumb)

Back