Why do my traction and tpms lights come on at the same time?

According to "The Car Guys" these issues are easily solved by sticking black electricians tape over the offending warning lights on the dash.

Don't the TPMS sensors run off a small battery built into the sensor itself. Could the battery(ies) be on their last legs in a 2013 vehicle and producing erratic output.

Don't the TPMS sensors run off a small battery built into the sensor itself. Could the battery(ies) be on their last legs in a 2013 vehicle and producing erratic output.

I believe you*re referring to vehicles that have a sensor mounted on the rim and integrated into the valve stem. The CX-5 does not use this type of sensor. Instead the wheel sensor detects tire rotation.

Most reputable auto parts stores have an ODB reader that should pull ABS/TPMS/Traction control codes and they usually do it for free. This can help isolate the wheel sensor malfunctioning.

I'm glad I found this thread I have had similar issues with multiple different mazdas. The first issue was easily solved by replacing the actual brake pedal switch. I was actually pretty impressed at how affordable that part was and it completely solved the problem. On the other vehicle there was a sensor in the wheel I believe it ended up being ABS and that was losing connectivity and not returning any data. That was a slightly more costly repair however it also solved the problem. It seems that on a Mazda these lights tend to come on when there is a failure in any breaking related circuit. My troubleshooting for this problem starts with brake fluid, break pedal switch, associated relays, then inspection of components with the wheels off. I do find it interesting that this same group of warning lights is triggered by what in my opinion seems to be any loss of electrical communication for lack of a better word with components of the braking system. Thanks to everyone that replied to this thread it really helped me put together a troubleshooting routine for the mazdas in my family of which there are multiple.

Hi I am having a similar issue. A Mazda CX-5 2016. Also sometimes my car does not start. Like it looks like battery has low charge. I change the battery and it is still showing me the issue. Should I do a diagnostic test? Because whenever I ask any dealership they say do a full body diagnostic test. I am new with car and so I have very limited knowledge. Thanks.

ABS braking components are part of emissions?
No but the law that requires emissions control parts be warrantied for an extended time also includes some safety related things including the ABS system. Sorry for the late reply.

Back