What have you done to your CX-5 today?

This is the first time I've seen the '17 "naked" - '16 and earlier have no holes. (Sorry, that sounds rather pervy.)

Well that is good to know! You save some folks a lot of time!

I am surprised no one is 3-D Printing their own Badges yet?

edit: found this on instagram.. looks like the badges have pegs :(
Nn0JhLQ.png

whoa, that's a surprise, glad you found out beforehand, yeah leave it alone and go with your original plastic dip solution,

those peg holes look horrible.....

I ordered one of these for my 2017 thanks to some great input by a member on these boards:

29a4eede6e75a671701186b269648a90.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Washed the cabin air filter and cleaned out the pollen and dust from then interior

Gave it a wash...

XosVqx7.jpg

Due for a 4 year service next month, so I'm not spending anything else on it for the moment!

Washed the cabin air filter and cleaned out the pollen and dust from then interior

Parts Plus Filters could be sourced for about 7-8 each on Ebay. The Parts Plus ones are good quality. If you don;t mind waiting the cheaper Asian ones could be had for 5 each. I usually order 4-6 at a time. Every month I tap the dust and debris off unto the concrete garage floor. Month 3 I toss em'.

The cheapo ones are about the same filter element quality as OEM. The Parts Plus ones are higher quality them OEM imho. Look under part# CAF4103. Here's its specs: http://www.partsplus.com/catalog_2....rts-plus-filters-by-premium-guard&sku=caf4103

Spring is coming so I changed the tires, put fender flares and 30mm spacer on each tire.
ef63149ed4946b4b9388b2ccb95be88f.jpg
Thera are parts of seven CX-5 on this pic[emoji5]
e4585229990a775c43efdaa4edc57704.jpg
822ca8776fac1a40c3e3b0b1a3a7d6ce.jpg
2ff084db02048a45d7535bff2bbf201a.jpg
d4e0bef471b01803626fac95f210979b.jpg

Next will be a yellow VMAXX sport break kit for the frontbrakes and a V8 soundmodul from Maxhaust(original for Audi SQ5) with a Maserati(Gibli) modul combined.

Have a nice one. 101

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Where did you find the fender flares?

Parts Plus Filters could be sourced for about 7-8 each on Ebay. The Parts Plus ones are good quality. If you don;t mind waiting the cheaper Asian ones could be had for 5 each. I usually order 4-6 at a time. Every month I tap the dust and debris off unto the concrete garage floor. Month 3 I toss em'.

The cheapo ones are about the same filter element quality as OEM. The Parts Plus ones are higher quality them OEM imho. Look under part# CAF4103. Here's its specs: http://www.partsplus.com/catalog_2....rts-plus-filters-by-premium-guard&sku=caf4103
Nice prices, no reason to go cheap.
(thumb)

I guess we all have different ideas about protecting our own and our families health, but I would never, nor would I ever, recommend to anyone washing and rinsing/reusing the disposable cabin filter. Saturating and embedding the odors, pollen, bacteria, seeds, and fungus spores into the fiber filter medium, all while giving them moisture to grow, just is not a good idea.

Whereas tapping it out at least every oil change sounds like a great idea, especially if you have to park outside and get a lot of oak tassels, leaves, pine needles.

Now I have seen that there are reusable filters available for the cabin filter. But of course these are more expensive, and the filter medium on these are inorganic and designed specifically for the option of cleaning and reusing.

Last edited:
How did we ever survive without....Cabin filters?!?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

(thumb)

I guess we all have different ideas about protecting our own and our families health, but I would never, nor would I ever, recommend to anyone washing and rinsing/reusing the disposable cabin filter. Saturating and embedding the odors, pollen, bacteria, seeds, and fungus spores into the fiber filter medium, all while giving them moisture to grow, just is not a good idea.

Whereas tapping it out at least every oil change sounds like a great idea, especially if you have to park outside and get a lot of oak tassels, leaves, pine needles.

Now I have seen that there are reusable filters available for the cabin filter. But of course these are more expensive, and the filter medium on these are inorganic and designed specifically for the option of cleaning and reusing.

Agreed. Seems like a way to grow mold and other crap.

Got my last free oil change. I definitely needed it as I was now almost 9k miles since the last one. Feels like it's noticeably running better now. Hell I put on 1k miles since last Wednesday when I was supposed to have it done.

(thumb)

It's no different than washing bathtowels/rags.. you use hot cycle and a disinfectant (if you don't younshould because mildew) in the regular laundry... and then you dry them (or do you hand the wet towel back in the bathroom?). All that filter does is keep debris out the cabin/blower when the putside vent is on. There is nothing special about it. Its been washed 3 or 4x and it still had a fine dirt layer on one side and not the other.

It's no different than washing bathtowels/rags.. you use hot cycle and a disinfectant (if you don't younshould because mildew) in the regular laundry... and then you dry them (or do you hand the wet towel back in the bathroom?). All that filter does is keep debris out the cabin/blower when the putside vent is on. There is nothing special about it. Its been washed 3 or 4x and it still had a fine dirt layer on one side and not the other.
(help)

I was going to do that but decided to scrape all the brake dust off the inside of my wheels and glue it back onto my brake pads. Tomorrow I'm borrowing a pair of my wife's silk stockings and filtering the old engine oil ready for my next oil change.

I tried the disinfectant/wash process one time a long time ago on BMW cabin filters. So I think I know what you're referring to. The thing is after 3-4 months time I just pop a new cabin filter in and be done. Less than $10 and very little time involved. One thing I prefer though are white filters. Its easier for me to gauge how dirty the filter is although by month 3 my cabin filter smells really moldy. I guess I can switch to charcoal but I wonder how it affects air flow?

Another important reason to use new filters for the HVAC system is that it doesn't strain the blower as much. Those of us who live in extreme climates with no rear vents....oh yeah you really don't want to stress that blow motor. We need as much velocity out of our vents as possible. Having a clean filter helps. Any HVAC professionals that work on central air systems will tell you DO NOT restrict the blower motor.

I was going to do that but decided to scrape all the brake dust off the inside of my wheels and glue it back onto my brake pads. Tomorrow I'm borrowing a pair of my wife's silk stockings and filtering the old engine oil ready for my next oil change.

That's a poor attempt at humor/douchebaggery bud. Vacuum cleaners and ac filters come in wash variety too. It's nothing astronomical. I take it you wear a face mask anytime you you are outside.

That's a little extreme. I don't have mice issue's and thats a hard olace for one to get into. I'm well versed on mold/fungus/viruses etc. I used to major in mortuary science and spent 2 years working a mortuary, and I also have a crematory operator license. I've been exposed to more deadly pathogens/poisons than most. We are talking about a filter whose main purpose is to keep macro particles out of the ventalation system lol.

Last edited:
That's a little extreme. I don't have mice issue's and thats a hard olace for one to get into. I'm well versed on mold/fungus/viruses etc. I used to major in mortuary science and spent 2 years working a mortuary, and I also have a crematory operator license. I've been exposed to more deadly pathogens/poisons than most. We are talking about a filter whose main purpose is to keep macro particles out of the ventalation system lol.

I beg to differ. When I pulled the cabin filter out of our Mazda 6 it was saturated with mice urine.

A $20 filter simply isn't worth the health risk.

Its just convenient. I have the tools to clean on hand to clean it so no need to make a trip/spend extra money for no real benefit; my blower is clean, as is the fixed white pad behind the glove box (if the filter was inadequte it would be filthy).

I beg to differ. When I pulled the cabin filter out of our Mazda 6 it was saturated with mice urine.

A $20 filter simply isn't worth the health risk.

And mine was defintely not. It had leaves and dirt. If it was soiled as such, it qould have been replaced.

Back