Will a Bad Brake Booster Cause a Vehicle to Stall?

the_desperado

:
Mazda 2011 CX9
Hi

I have a 2011 CX9. lately I noticed that the brake pedal became very hard and I am hearing a hissing sound like air leakage when I depress it. I searched on the internet and found that these are the symptomes of bad brake booster. I even found a program from Mazda called SSP93 talking about the issue and listing the affected VINs and my car is one of them. I have scheduled an appointment with the dealer to get the booster replaced.

however I have noticed another symptom, when on stop light or anytime I press the brakes hard for around 1 minute the car stalls and the oil indicator appears. do you think it is the same booster issue? can the booster leak the air to a level that the engine is dead?

two days ago I tested this again and after two stalls I got a check engine light. I used my phone and OBD adapter to check the error and I can see the following two related to O2 sensors
P2195
P2197

so questions:
- do I have a bad booster issue?
-does this issue cause the engine to stall?
-is the oxygen sensor check engine error related to this is a well?

Sounds like you do have the booster failure, for sure. I replaced mine about a year ago.

A leak that large in the vacuum system could certainly cause idle problems, stalling and trigger O2 sensor codes because the engine can't manage the air-fuel ratio properly with a leaky intake system.

My money would be on all of those problems going away with a new booster.

Back