Sticky Gas Pedal

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hey all,

I have a 2017 GT with 16k miles. Recently, I noticed (especially the temps are colder) my gas pedal is stiff initially when I step on it after starting the vehicle. After that initial push, it seems to work perfectly. Is this something to be concerned about? Does anyone else's gas pedal do this?

I will have the dealer take a look, but I really hate to have them start pulling things apart if it's "normal" per-say.

Thanks much!

This is like the 3rd post I've seen recently where someone expressed concern...about letting the Mazda service department work on...their Mazda. I don't understand this thinking. If there's one place I trust to work on my car, it's that place.

This is like the 3rd post I've seen recently where someone expressed concern...about letting the Mazda service department work on...their Mazda. I don't understand this thinking. If there's one place I trust to work on my car, it's that place.

You don't understand this thinking? You must never have had your 'trusted' dealer, the place where one would think/hope has the most knowledge of your vehicle, screw something up?

Weird. I use to experience the same problem with my RX-7 in cold weather. Pedal was hard to push until the car warmed up. Then it was fine.

Maybe since brake lines haven't got chance to warm up and expand.

You don't understand this thinking? You must never have had your 'trusted' dealer, the place where one would think/hope has the most knowledge of your vehicle, screw something up?
I haven't, no.

Back