New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am hoping for ces to act as a catalyst for mazda. anywho, I reached out to mazda w the same AA question and when can we expect them..no response so far. the first time i did that, they responded almost within a day asking what specific features am i looking for w android integration.

Service Request Number 1-865326765 - Oct 30th 2017

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting Mazda Customer Experience Center. With regards to your inquiry, Android Auto will be offered in the near future exact model year and release timing is still TBD. What is it about this feature that interests you?
As someone who personally uses Waze everyday, I can definitely understand the need. They are currently working on making this available, however there is no ETA, or confirmation of upgrading prior years at this time.

Well, I just picked up my 2017 CX-5 last month. During negotiations, I brought up AA.

/Apply BS filter here (this guy seemed trustworthy and was surprisingly knowledgeable, but I have trouble trusting anything for a dealership)

The product manager said the dealership got notified that all 2017+ models would be eligible for an upgrade to AA or CP targeted for the spring time frame. He said the upgrade will be treated like a recall, you will get a notice in the mail to schedule a service appointment for the upgrade.

I recently followed up with him because I had some questions, so I asked about AA again. He said they got approval to test AA in one of their loaner vehicles, and the install screwed up the infotainment so bad that they had to replace the unit.

/End BS filter

I'm not holding my breathe waiting for this. I am actually happy with Mazda Connect right now, coming from the speed3 whose infotainment consisted of a digital clock. Hahaha

Apple Maps, always good for directing your casual weekend drive off the side of a cliff. (thumb)

apple maps is fine now. I've been running it and google maps simultaneously to test and they've both been the same. Really they're so similar it doesn't matter which you use anymore.

Last edited:
apple maps is fine now. I've been running it and google maps simultaneously to test and they've both been the same. Really they're so similar it doesn't matter which you use anymore.

I wouldn't say that's a generally true statement. Where I live (Toronto), the routing is less effective than Google Maps and more importantly the traffic and ETAs are waaaaaay off from reality compared to Google Maps. It's like Apple's traffic time impact calculation is =rand()

Well, I just picked up my 2017 CX-5 last month. During negotiations, I brought up AA.

/Apply BS filter here (this guy seemed trustworthy and was surprisingly knowledgeable, but I have trouble trusting anything for a dealership)

The product manager said the dealership got notified that all 2017+ models would be eligible for an upgrade to AA or CP targeted for the spring time frame. He said the upgrade will be treated like a recall, you will get a notice in the mail to schedule a service appointment for the upgrade.

I recently followed up with him because I had some questions, so I asked about AA again. He said they got approval to test AA in one of their loaner vehicles, and the install screwed up the infotainment so bad that they had to replace the unit.

/End BS filter

I'm not holding my breathe waiting for this. I am actually happy with Mazda Connect right now, coming from the speed3 whose infotainment consisted of a digital clock. Hahaha

No MazdaConnect for me. So no AA/CP for me either. (I really don't care)

So I'll just say:

interesting.gif

Oh, that would piss off a lot of Mazda customers if the older cars don't get it.

Oh, that would piss off a lot of Mazda customers if the older cars don't get it.

Agreed. I thought what was said in the past was that all the Mazda Connect cars would get it.

i.e. Not mine, but newer ones like the 2016's/.5's, etc.

But then again, I don't remember what that source was, so who know.

I wouldn't say that's a generally true statement. Where I live (Toronto), the routing is less effective than Google Maps and more importantly the traffic and ETAs are waaaaaay off from reality compared to Google Maps. It's like Apple's traffic time impact calculation is =rand()

I have not experienced that here in oregon. But other areas could be different. Here the traffic calculations are the same.

I have not experienced that here in oregon. But other areas could be different. Here the traffic calculations are the same.

That's because traffic doesn't exist in Oregon, so there's nothing to calculate besides travel_time = distance/speed_limit.

That's because traffic doesn't exist in Oregon, so there's nothing to calculate besides travel_time = distance/speed_limit.

Well that's not true at all. Traffic has gotten out of hand the last several years. It used to be we had a rush hour as people got off work and just M-F. Now it's all the time, including weekends. Constant grid lock. It's become a real pain just getting anywhere. Even my short 6 mile drive home out here in the sticks is a continuous line of cars. It's gotten seriously ridiculous.

We also own a travel trailer and tow that camping throughout the year. And even on our travels to remote campgrounds we still find apple maps to be the same as google maps.

Last edited:
Looks like ETA is now next year:

No Android Auto until 2019+

My dealer received an email this morning regarding Android Auto/Apple CarPlay. Apparently there's some sort of licensing issue that's prohibiting them from adding any additional functionality to the CMU. The new estimated date for CarPlay/Android Auto is 2019+.

They also told me not to expect any updates to the CMU (at all) until 2019. I'm unsure if she meant major updates or minor bug fixes.

The dealer wouldn't share the email with me (for obvious reasons) but this marks another major setback for the program, which Mazda promised was coming soon in 2017.

Does match up with Mazda's timeline though:

mcg9cz.jpg

Last edited:
I spoke to my dealer who said it was supposed to be coming this year but then received another just kidding email. Apparently, it’s all political. They can do it but choose not to because their lead engineer thinks their infotainment is far superior to AA or ACP.

I spoke to my dealer who said it was supposed to be coming this year but then received another just kidding email. Apparently, it’s all political. They can do it but choose not to because their lead engineer thinks their infotainment is far superior to AA or ACP.
Lead engineer needs to have a reality check. Yes MZD connect is good but there are better ones out there including AA

I'd understood it was coming when I bought a month ago so I'd be disappointed if it didn't. Just coming to terms with the infotainment unit now 1 month into ownership and there are so many little tweaks they could do to the current interface that would make it better:

When I pick an audio source, show me the music details by default, don't make me pick that view.
If the artist/album/song name is longer than the display (which is only half the screen?) scroll like my 6 year old Fiesta does.
Put the Radio call sign in the favorites list or let me rename it from the frequency.
Let me put my USB playlist in the favourites list, if I went to the trouble of creating a playlist, chances are it's a favourite!
Let me have category folders in the nav favourites so I don't have to scroll down so many.
Don't make me take my eyes off the road to press a button to read an incoming text, there are like 14 buttons on the steering wheel and you have voice commands, use one of those!
Equalize the volume between USB, XM and Radio.
Let me take aha, stitcher, xm (even AM) off the source lists if I'm not going to use them.
Tell me what the currently highlighted icon stands for in words.

I don't know anything about using USB but the last 2:
Aha and Stitcher PAY Mazda to put those there. I'm betting part of the deal is they cannot let us remove them.
I don't need words for icons either.

Re: Incoming texts. You aren't supposed to be able to do that when moving unless you hacked the system. Has something changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back