2017 CX-5 Wipers

Those fittings are quite popular in Europe. They are easy to fit (just press a little button to release them) and fit most Fords. Having said that, I've not come across a better blade than the Denso Hybrid blades that are factory fit on the 2016 model.

The wipers that came on my 2017 cx-5 just suck, I had the dealership switch the arms to 2015/6 spec, and they fitted Bosch Icons (my winter blade of choice) and they work just fine.

At first my wipers were smearing on the windshield. My first step was to thoroughly clean the glass and then the blades themselves. I used Nextzett windshield clear at full strength. The cloth I used on the blades came back black so there is some sort of substance on there. Afterwards the results were much improved. The wiper don’t smear nearly as much as they used to.

At first my wipers were smearing on the windshield. My first step was to thoroughly clean the glass and then the blades themselves. I used Nextzett windshield clear at full strength. The cloth I used on the blades came back black so there is some sort of substance on there. Afterwards the results were much improved. The wiper don’t smear nearly as much as they used to.

Can’t ship nextzett to Calif...any second best choices?

The wipers that came on my 2017 cx-5 just suck, I had the dealership switch the arms to 2015/6 spec, and they fitted Bosch Icons (my winter blade of choice) and they work just fine.

Yes mine too. Can you take a photo of them in the parked position on the glass please. If they line up with the heater elements reasonably well, I’ll change mine too.

Yes mine too. Can you take a photo of them in the parked position on the glass please. If they line up with the heater elements reasonably well, I’ll change mine too.
Just drove the wife's '17 CX-5 in the salty snow for the first time and the wipers are horrid.

VERY interested in how the '15-'16 look.

Can you buy sudsy ammonia or did they ban that as well? The nanny state is getting too big for their britches.

Some would say the U.S. nanny state put those britches on in 1913... and hasn't taken them off since - as you already know.

absolutely pathetic and unacceptable mazda hasn't released a winter blade for their stupid new arm design. they've been using it since the 2016 CX9.

talk about an epic fail for visual safety in snowbelt states.

absolutely pathetic and unacceptable mazda hasn't released a winter blade for their stupid new arm design. they've been using it since the 2016 CX9.

talk about an epic fail for visual safety in snowbelt states.
I always feel Mazda is trying too hard to be different from others in many areas. The way how the power lock switch operates is one example. This new proprietary wiper hook design has really back-fired on them!

Kinda shocked that they did that. When I bought my CX-5 back in 2013, I replaced the god awful wipers (that absolutely sucked in the snow) within a couple of weeks of owning the CX-5. Don't understand why they'd change to a proprietary connection. That's the kinda stuff I hate Apple for. (lol)

I always feel Mazda is trying too hard to be different from others in many areas. The way how the power lock switch operates is one example. This new proprietary wiper hook design has really back-fired on them!

the fact owners are retrofitting the wiper arms with <=2016.5's should really tell them something!

You got cut off there.

How many owners are retrofitting their wiper arms? Yea a couple on this board so that means a lot in the real world?

The people on this board are the ones that know that it is an option.

I had smearing issues with my wipers on the windshield but I made sure first that the glass was really clean. A strong glass cleaner like Einzett/Nextzett is the best option. I also cleaned the blades themselves with the same cleaner. The rag turned black. Maybe there is some kind of coating or whatever on the rubber? After the cleaning my wipers work perfectly. I live in a rainy climate so I know how important good wipers are. Also, I added some Sonax windshield cleaner booster to the existing wash and have topped it off with the Nextzett.

The product is Nextzett Scheibenklar. (Windshield Clear). Made in Germany but I got it from Autopia. It is what BMW and Mercedes use. I highly recommend it over the pink stuff the dealer puts in.

And only one has done this so far but hasn't posted pics or a clip showing the new arms in action

True, and since the windshield was tweaked for 2017 I wonder how good the fit is with this retrofit?!?

However, how hard would it be to release a winter blade to resolve all these complaints?!? It shouldn't take freaking years. Good grief.

True, and since the windshield was tweaked for 2017 I wonder how good the fit is with this retrofit?!?

However, how hard would it be to release a winter blade to resolve all these complaints?!? It shouldn't take freaking years. Good grief.

Probably because most markets don't require this hence they don't offer it (uhm)

Just bought these at Walmart ($10.84 each, Chicago suburbs) and they attach with the included adapters.

A comes off, B/C goes on, then C comes off.

A bit of a pain to get on the arm correctly and they don't look as clean when installed, but they feel solid and actually wiped the glass clean on a quick test wipe.
f4e920b07ce39c46b0355156d619dc5e.jpg

Back