What did you pay for your CX-5?

Looking at 2017 GT FWD w/o premium package ($30,335 MSRP incl. dest., not incl. TTL). Getting a over-the-phone "quote" from Costco Auto Program for "high $28,xxx". They won't give me an actual number unless I go to the dealer. Sounds fairly good, but wondering how much numbers might go down over the next few months, as more of vehicles start rolling in. Dealer Costco rep. said expect only max. ~$300 additional discount, probably financing offer to 0.9% (vs. current 1.9%) if I wait. No big discounts until the 2018's are on the way. Haven't bought a new vehicle in a long time. Anybody with any insights? Also, is it just me, or is the "invoice" number ridiculously close to the MSRP? I know about holdbacks, but still ...

Last edited:
Looking at 2017 GT FWD w/o premium package ($30,335 MSRP incl. dest., not incl. TTL). Getting a over-the-phone "quote" from Costco Auto Program for "high $28,xxx". They won't give me an actual number unless I go to the dealer. Sounds fairly good, but wondering how much numbers might go down over the next few months, as more of vehicles start rolling in. Dealer Costco rep. said expect only max. ~$300 additional discount, probably financing offer to 0.9% (vs. current 1.9%) if I wait. No big discounts until the 2018's are on the way. Haven't bought a new vehicle in a long time. Anybody with any insights? Also, is it just me, or is the "invoice" number ridiculously close to the MSRP? I know about holdbacks, but still ...

They'll come down faster than everyone says. The dealer I'm in talks with already has 30 2017s in stock, and over a 100 16.5s left, and they aren't moving any of them hardly. With more 17s on the way next week already, they have zero room for them. I'm not in the market for a 17 as IMO they look terrible compared to the 16.5 (that blue color is sharp, though, but that body and chrome, yuck),however, I'm tempted to price one out just to show an incredible deal can be had right now.good Luck with what you decide.

For a 2017 or 2016.5 Grand Touring AWD? For a 2017 I think that's an amazing deal.

It is a CX-5 2017, Touring. I've bought 5 cars now and this is the first one I felt super solid on. Did my homework, made a good trade and feel encouraged that this is the right car. Also, to Kedis - thanks for letting me know on that i-Active over snow, too. That was one of my main concerns that this vehicle will not perform as confidently as the Subaru did. However, I'm encouraged to see people rave about the AWD.

$28,150 for my 2017 Touring AWD with I-ActivSense pkg... Just a few hundred below MSRP (and prob could have finagled some accessories thrown in), but it was pretty rare model so not much leverage. I do regret not getting the GT since the 6-speaker blows, but the I-ActivSense is definitely worth it for my needs, and hopefully there'll be some audio mods possible in the future.

Just picked up my new meteor grey 2016.5 AWD GT with tech package yesterday. Added all weather floor mats and the cargo mat.

With rebate was $28000- OTD $31,300 (Chicago taxes are brutal)

Last edited:
$28,150 for my 2017 Touring AWD with I-ActivSense pkg... Just a few hundred below MSRP (and prob could have finagled some accessories thrown in), but it was pretty rare model so not much leverage. I do regret not getting the GT since the 6-speaker blows, but the I-ActivSense is definitely worth it for my needs, and hopefully there'll be some audio mods possible in the future.

Touring + CX-5 was voted as the best CUV + Trim combination last year on value. 2nd place was CRV with EX trim. I am sure that has not changed much - 19s are too harsh for some family uses and are going to expensive in the long run. Plus cabin noise + drive train are exactly the same.

Touring + CX-5 was voted as the best CUV + Trim combination last year on value. 19s are too harsh for some family uses and are going to expensive in the long run. Plus cabin noise + drive train are exactly the same.

Oh yeah, I'm absolutely loving the ride (and the 17s were why I ultimately chose the Touring over the GT), but the 6-speaker is noticeably worse than the stock I'd had in a 15-yo Toyota and diminishes the experience (during testing I was more focused on other aspects), so I'm hoping to upgrade it as soon as possible if I'm going to keep it. I'd planned to trade up in a few years, but I'm enjoying the 2017 CX5 so much I may reconsider that. :)

just got an 2017 CX5 touring white with premium package for 25335, and $500 loyalty rebate. total $2550 from MSRP $27835.

Last edited:
just got an 2017 CX5 touring white with premium package for 25335, and $500 loyalty rebate. total $2550 from MSRP $27385.

A 2017 for $2550 off MSRP?!?! Sounds like you got a great deal.

Seeing as how they just arrived, I'm surprised any dealer is willing to drop it that much. They all have the $500 loyalty, but any special way you got another $2000 off?

talked with two different dealers, the first one give me $1600+$500 off, then show the price to the second one, they drop the price to $2000+$500 off, BTW the MSRP is $27835.

Last edited:
talked with two different dealers, the first one give me $1600+$500 off, then show the price to the second one, they drop the price to $2000+$500 off, BTW the MSRP is $27835.

Wow, that is a great deal. Are you in the SF Bay Area by chance? If so, can you PM me the info on your dealer and salesperson?

Hi all. Haven't owned a Mazda in years (1993 Protege; 1996 Millenia) and am new to the forum. Just bought a CX-5 yesterday. I think I did just fine with the research and negotiation but would be interested to hear others' thoughts:

Breakdown:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Package
MSRP: $31,925
Sales Price: $27,735 after $2,500 in rebates
Sales Tax (6.875%): $2,085
NJ temp + multi-year registration: $380
Dealer fees: $631
OTD: $30,831

Last edited:
Hi all. Haven't owned a Mazda in years (1993 Protege; 1996 Millenia) and am new to the forum. Just bought a CX-5 yesterday. I think I did just fine with the research and negotiation but would be interested to hear others' thoughts:

Breakdown:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Package
MSRP: $31,925
Sales Price: $27,735 after $2,500 in rebates
Sales Tax (6.875%): $2,085
NJ temp + multi-year registration: $380
Dealer fees: $631
OTD: $30,831

Forget taxes since it differs. Within USA - unfortunately this post is not helpful for EU / Aus / SE Asia - under 10% is considered ok to good.
12% or up is now in seriously good category. 15 up is Unicorn category. I have seen some close to 20% posted here recently and mazda's 2k rebate may have something to do.
Your numbers are 13.12% which is very nice and maybe top 10% on this forum - in real world maybe top 2 or 3 percentile.

Its equally important to have a good dealer relationship.

First post, new CX-5 owner. Just picked up a 2016.5 Touring FWD for around 24k new. Dealer had tons of them on the lot and we used the 2k rebate. They gave us what we wanted for our trade so we're pleased. Only issue I've noticed so far is a strange vibrating sound at slow (read, crawling in bumper to bumper traffic following accordion drivers doing their makeup and texting) speeds and when braking. It almost sounds like it's coming from underneath the vehicle, like maybe it's some of the plastic bits under there? That and a slight shimmy when hitting the brakes a little harder. But overall we are please with it so far.

Latest posts

Back