Fog Light Indicator

:
2018 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring
Hi all...2018 CX 5 GT. I have searched online, but could not find an answer so I turn to you and your collective wisdom:

Is there any kind of indicator light on the dashboard to show the driver when the fog lights are turned on?

Thank you so much, in advance, for your help.

The same symbol that is on the instrument tree is on the dash. A headlight with wavy lines in front of it.

Thanks....i will point it out to the dealer at my next service, but my light does not come on!

Fog lights will only turn on when the headlights are on and not on parking light mode.

Hi all...2018 CX 5 GT. I have searched online, but could not find an answer so I turn to you and your collective wisdom:

Is there any kind of indicator light on the dashboard to show the driver when the fog lights are turned on?

Thank you so much, in advance, for your help.
Mazda should keep those front/rear fog-light-on dash indacators like everybody else in the world. Although it's an international standard, but Mazda had decided to eliminate fog-light-on indicators on CX-5's dash to save some pennies in NA market. I like these fog indicators as it's not easy to tell if my front fog-lights are on or not when I drive my CX-5 in the dark with bright LED headlights. Although we don't get rear fog light, this's the only way to tell while driving if your rear fog light is on with a dash indicator. In non-NA market gen-2 CX-5, the left green indicator of the two in the circle is for front fog and the right amber indicator is for rear fog. The third green icon to the left, which we do have it, is for lights-on indicator.

attachment.php

CX-5_Fog_Light_Dash_Indicators.jpg

The same symbol that is on the instrument tree is on the dash. A headlight with wavy lines in front of it.

Is that for his model year?

I don't think my 2019 Reserve has an indicator light for Fog Lights.

I'm looking at the Instrument Cluster and Display section of the manual for this trim (Pg 4-24) and there's no Fog Light indicator, nor do I see it for the other 2019 trims.

I never really noticed the lack of an indicator before. My trucks had little lights embedded in the physical Fog Light switches.

Last edited:
Is that for his model year?

I don't think my 2019 Reserve has an indicator light for Fog Lights.

I'm looking at the Instrument Cluster and Display section of the manual for this trim (Pg 4-24) and there's no Fog Light indicator, nor do I see it for the other 2019 trims.

I never really noticed the lack of an indicator before. My trucks had little lights embedded in the physical Fog Light switches.
As I stated above, no dash fog light indicators for US CX-5 in any MYs or trim levels.

The picture above is to show where are those missing fog-light-on indicators supposed to be. The picture shown is a 2017 Japanese CX-5.

As I stated above, no dash fog light indicators for US CX-5 in any MYs or trim levels.

The picture above is to show where are those missing fog-light-on indicators supposed to be. The picture shown is a 2017 Japanese CX-5.

Yeh, I know what you said (and I agree with it), but Sterg told the guy "The same symbol that is on the instrument tree is on the dash. A headlight with wavy lines in front of it." I'm just trying to clarify for the OP, who intends to take the advice and run to his dealer...unless I misread Sterg's comment.

As I stated above, no dash fog light indicators for US CX-5 in any MY*s or trim levels.

Can confirm on my 2018 GT that there is no fog-light indicator on the dash.

Back