Show me your CX-5 wheels

I'm the epitome of good driving, GJ. Don't you worry about me. I'm good at this.
CLE = Cleveland.

Last edited:
I'm the epitome of good driving, GJ. Don't you worry about me. I'm good at this.
CLE = Cleveland.

Ehm... well it depends on your definition of good driving. Im more than sure that youre driving skills are sound, although part of good driving is maintaining your car and keeping it in good condition rather than molesting it... lmao. But I digress. I remember back in the day my brakes used to look exactly like yours. I am assuming youre not much older then me. Bottom line - as long as you havent gotten into any accidents then I dont really see anything wrong with how you drive (except for the molestation)

Everywhere.

Oh yea. I was driving on Friday night and some imbecile in a Hyundai was taking like 10 minutes to merge in front of me (road turned from three lanes into two) now normally I wouldve just used the BMWs effortless Inline 6 torque to pass him while he dicks around but there was a cop somewhere behind me so I decided to just let him in. He was driving with a solid 3-4 car lengths in front of him after that so I complete lost it and just briskly changed lanes in front of him using no blinker. The cop did the exact same maneuver no blinker and got behind me... thought I was done for. Thankfully he didnt light me up. Haha

I'm just amazed you can tell so much about my driving from my rotors. Rotors...are wear items. Driving a car the way it should be driven isn't "molestation" imo. I don't drive like an old man and, God willing, I never will.

I'm just amazed you can tell so much about my driving from my rotors. Rotors...are wear items. Driving a car the way it should be driven isn't "molestation" imo. I don't drive like an old man and, God willing, I never will.

Youve said in another post in the past that you like to drive fast so I just put two and two together. Looks like youll need new brakes soon.

And Lol, I agree. Wheres the fun in that? Unless youre driving a floppy Buick theres no reason to drive slow and boring. I make myself sound like a mundane driver but Im not. I get very impatient at slow drivers. Just out of curiosity, what sort of fuel economy are you getting?

No one would mistake "...very aggressive. Not gonna lie." for driving like an old man. And without getting into the semantics of what "aggressive driving" means, maybe you can explain what Driving a car the way it should be driven means? Can't imagine how anyone here could misconstrue any of your posts!

Just out of curiosity, what sort of fuel economy are you getting?

Current reading on the dash is 22.1 MPG. Horrific, I know. Never cared about MPG as I've often said here, too.

No one would mistake "...very aggressive. Not gonna lie." for driving like an old man. And without getting into the semantics of what "aggressive driving" means, maybe you can explain what Driving a car the way it should be driven means? Can't imagine how anyone here could misconstrue any of your posts!

Driving like an old man: cruise control doing 55 in a 60. YOU KNOW THESE PEOPLE. My father in law is one.

Driving a car the way it should be driven: not being afraid of WOT (wide open throttle). Not being afraid to drop my foot to the floor when I need to. That's how a car should be driven, imo. I don't "get on" my brakes often at all because I am an aggressive AND SAFE driver.
I am the passer 90% of the time, rarely the passee.
Not sure what there is to misconstrue. I enjoy driving. I enjoy passing people. I enjoy zipping in and out of traffic: safely, always. I will never be the guy the cuts you off. I'm not the guy to cut in front of you with only a few feet to spare. I'll pass you, but with a wide margin. I'm respectful of others on the road. I'm not a jerk on the road. I am blind in my right eye from a car accident in childhood (mom driving) which is another reason I am hyper vigilante with knowing where everyone is.
I know what a car accident can do.
And now, if you don't mind, I'd like to change the subject. I feel like I'm jinxing myself! :D

What about colored rims on cars? Like red and blue. How do y'all feel about those? LOL :D

Current reading on the dash is 22.1 MPG. Horrific, I know. Never cared about MPG as I've often said here, too.

Driving like an old man: cruise control doing 55 in a 60. YOU KNOW THESE PEOPLE. My father in law is one.

Driving a car the way it should be driven: not being afraid of WOT (wide open throttle). Not being afraid to drop my foot to the floor when I need to. That's how a car should be driven, imo. I don't "get on" my brakes often at all because I am an aggressive AND SAFE driver.
Not sure what there is to misconstrue. I enjoy driving. I enjoy passing people. I enjoy zipping in and out of traffic: safely, always. I will never be the guy the cuts you off. I'm not the guy to cut in front of you with only a few feet to spare. I'll pass you, but with a wide margin. I'm respectful of others on the road. I'm not a jerk on the road. I am blind in my right eye from a car accident in childhood (mom driving) which is another reason I am hyper vigilante with knowing where everyone is.
And now, if you don't mind, I'd like to change the subject. I feel like I'm jinxing myself! :D

What about colored rims on cars? Like red and blue. How do y'all feel about those? LOL :D

Unless thats mostly highway, that is not bad fuel economy at all. Thats like normal city driving MPG.

I agree with you on everything else though. I cant recall ever being passed when driving a decently powerful car.

Its not about HP or 0-60 times. Its all about the torque, and at what RPM the engine is making good torque, whether the transmission is properly tuned to take advantage of it, etc. Back when I had my bad Honda Accord beater, I would get passed all the time. 150 ft/lb of torque at 5000RPM was simply appalling VS. My BMW (221ft/lb at 2750RPM with almost all of it available at 2000RPM)

I call myself more of a spirited driver, not an aggressive driver. I say this because when I think the term "aggressive driver", I think of assholes riding people's asses and doing jackass moves on the road.

Anyway, you and I probably 90% drive the same, the only difference is I do not enjoy zipping in and out of traffic. I do enjoy passing, but rapidly changing lanes multiple times is just not my thing. Only if there is a clear opening to the front. If not, then there is no point.

Anyway, I agree with the rest. I put the pedal to the metal every time the stop light turns green and I'm in front. Full throttle till up to speed. Same with on ramps or merge lanes. Out here nobody cares if you are going 5 over. 10? Eh, iffy at that point with some cops.

Biggest pet peaves are people who barely get up to 45-55 by the time they need to merge into a 65 freeway and they screw up traffic flow for everybody, or people who start braking for a light a mile away. I am hard on my brakes probably because I don't do this. I brake way closer to stop lights than most, still stop at the same point.

I do not ride anyone's ass, I always try to just find open space on the road where there's no one else around me as much as possible.

I never use cruise control. Takes away from the driving experience if you ask me. Didn't use it at all on my last 2 trips. Denver to San Francisco and back, nor my trip from Denver to Santa Fe and back.

CX-5 is not made to be a granny driver. Have fun!

As to colored rims...the last blue rims I saw was someone with plasti-dipped blue rims and frankly they looked like ass. Seeing them in person was enough to know I never would want to do that.

Spirited. Yea. That sounds way better.
I don't dart in and out just to dart in and out.
Always to advance. Ever forward

Last edited:
I call myself more of a spirited driver, not an aggressive driver. I say this because when I think the term "aggressive driver", I think of assholes riding people's asses and doing jackass moves on the road.

Anyway, you and I probably 90% drive the same, the only difference is I do not enjoy zipping in and out of traffic. I do enjoy passing, but rapidly changing lanes multiple times is just not my thing. Only if there is a clear opening to the front. If not, then there is no point.

Anyway, I agree with the rest. I put the pedal to the metal every time the stop light turns green and I'm in front. Full throttle till up to speed. Same with on ramps or merge lanes. Out here nobody cares if you are going 5 over. 10? Eh, iffy at that point with some cops.

Biggest pet peaves are people who barely get up to 45-55 by the time they need to merge into a 65 freeway and they screw up traffic flow for everybody, or people who start braking for a light a mile away. I am hard on my brakes probably because I don't do this. I brake way closer to stop lights than most, still stop at the same point.

I do not ride anyone's ass, I always try to just find open space on the road where there's no one else around me as much as possible.

I never use cruise control. Takes away from the driving experience if you ask me. Didn't use it at all on my last 2 trips. Denver to San Francisco and back, nor my trip from Denver to Santa Fe and back.

CX-5 is not made to be a granny driver. Have fun!

As to colored rims...the last blue rims I saw was someone with plasti-dipped blue rims and frankly they looked like ass. Seeing them in person was enough to know I never would want to do that.

Even if Im at the front of the line (which happens often) I rarely ever put the pedal to the floor unless physically needed. I like to just use the mid-range torque to get up to speed (past the speed limit) instead.

Even if I’m at the front of the line (which happens often) I rarely ever put the pedal to the floor unless physically needed. I like to just use the mid-range torque to get up to speed (past the speed limit) instead.

Well I use the mid-range torque too. Don't confuse my saying pedal to the metal with redlining it.

I make ample use of my manual mode. :)

20x8.5 ET35 TSW Sprint in gunmetal
245/45/20 BFG g-Force Comp 2 A/S
Weight: 59.4 pounds

IMG_6811.jpg

IMG_6815.jpg

IMG_6816.jpg

IMG_6814.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, after humming and hawing....still a bit undecided, the black is throwing me off

Before:

attachment.php

After:

attachment.php

Outside Shot:

attachment.php

O gawd. I feel so bad.
After saying repeatedly I liked them....[emoji45] O man. I don't. I liked them on the black one in the pic you posted. I do not like them on your grey.

wrxray: NICE! How does the ride with the 20's compare to the stock 19's? Also, could you take a side pic showing how close the tire/wheel edge is with the fender?

Last edited:
Back