What do people use to clean touch screen?

:
23 CX-5 Premium
I've used combinations of glass cleaner, Cinch, soft paper towels and microfiber cloth and it just gets streakier and streakier. Is there some kind of (gentle) polish I should try?

Notebook and Tablet cleaning wipes. You can also use SightSavers, cleaner wipes for eyeglasses. You can get a big box at Walmart for a couple bucks.

damp microfiber towel.
done.
So that's probably the one thing I hadn't tried, since I've used some kind of cleaning product with whatever I've used to apply it with. This actually helped somewhat. It would appear the matte finish on the screen doesn't like being "contaminated" with these products. Even monitor screen cleaning solution. it also seems that the matte finish has deteriorated to a degree and you can see slightly worn spots where it's been touched numerous times. Oh well, such was the state of the art in 2012 I guess.

Windex on a paper towel works for me. Just don't spray directly on the screen.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the manual says nothing but a mist of water and a towel/microfiber piece. Cleaners can damage the surface. I'd mist a microfiber towel rather than the screen myself. This is precisely why I don't touch my touchscreen. Lol

Cleaners won't damage it. It's not a high end touch screen. Not even multipoint. Not that it needs to be....It's in a car. An abrasive sponge might...

Last edited:
Cleaners won't damage it. It's not a high end touch screen. Not even multipoint. Not that it needs to be....It's in a car. An abrasive sponge might...

Pretty much.

I just use a screen cleaner and microfiber cloth. Works great.

Windex on a paper towel works for me. Just don't spray directly on the screen.

A paper towel is to coarse, and it will over time leave scratches on glass, so it will also leave scratches on a LCD screen.

Touchscreen??? No need with the commander knob......

....but if you must Microfiber and screen cleaner / eyeglass cleaner

Last edited:
A paper towel is to coarse, and it will over time leave scratches on glass, so it will also leave scratches on a LCD screen.

Disagree. Been doing it for over 20 years. If this has happened to you, you are buying the wrong paper towels.

Disagree. Been doing it for over 20 years. If this has happened to you, you are buying the wrong paper towels.

Disagree with me all you want, but google "using paper towels on eyeglasses". You will find article after article after article saying to never use paper towels to clean eyeglasses as they WILL scratch lenses over time. My mother swore on using paper towels on her glasses, and wondered why her lenses were all scratched up after 6 months. Sure, doing it once or twice every few weeks it may not show up, but rest assured the scratches are there and over time the cumulative effect is more than visible...

I used to repair LCD TVs and I have always used a (slightly)wet terry towel and then a dry one.
Just make sure, that the water is not running on the screen. That can cause the screen to fail.

Yea, that's the #1 thing to take out of this. Always spray the paper....er....The towel you use. Not the screen.
(Been cleaning my glasses for 25 years with paper towels...Just saying. Computer screens for 20. Phones for 10. Paper towels do not scratch glass...
Google isn't the be-all end-all).

Last edited:
+1 for damp microfiber cloth (I use the cloth I dried the vehicle with after washing).

Back