What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I know from personal experience that your CX5 will be very, very happy. It will take them a while to get used to each other but eventually they will actually be going out together. I can't tell you how many nights I have gone out to the garage only to find both of them not there. Usually they get home before sunup..

Now you can join the MX5 Miata Forum. It is an extremely active forum with a lot of important info that you will enjoy reading. My name is David Paul on that forum as well.

https://forum.miata.net/vb/index.php

Thanks DP!

I did notice that the CX and the MX are a bit closer together in the garage than when I left them last night... :)

I'm already joined up at that Miata forum. Conrad 16.

Yeh, I got the Weather Tech cargo tray. It's fine...plenty deep enough. Like the others, you have to cut out the access holes in order to use the tie down hooks. Someone here posted about a cargo tray that has hinged flaps on either side so as to access the little storage areas. Not that big of a deal to me.

I also got these, which will work on any carpet or mat. They have no-slide bottoms:

CargoTech_Reusablebags_Milk_Grocery_2019.jpg

CargoTech_Camping_Lantern_2019.jpg

Great for keeping the plastic grocery bags corralled ad upright. Just set the bags down and shove the 4 corner pieces around them so things don't tip over or fall out. Stops other stuff from sliding as well (like Crock Pots if you do such events).

How do the blocks stay in place?

How do the blocks stay in place?

There is a thin layer of a rubber-like material molded to the bottoms. The website says it's a "super-grippy underside," but provides no real specs. It feels moderately tacky, but after 6 months has not picked up any dirt or debris.

They don't actually stick. They just don't slide...on any surface. They're real handy...you just arrange them and stack your stuff in the center, or you lift up the edges of your stuff and slip these underneath. I can have 5 or 6 amorphous plastic bags of groceries, and push these around them so the stack remains stationary & upright.

They are a little large (8" square each), and don't nest when you stack them (although you can sort of invert one on top of another), so they take up some space when not in use. I think the large footprint gives them that non-slide stability. But I never have anything back there when I don't at least shove a couple of these around it, and with these I never need to put anything but people in the passenger space (not even on the floorboard) and can keep all contents upright (milk, soda, cooking oil) in the cargo area.

I bought them as an afterthought and they end up getting almost daily use.

Last edited:
I think we can rule out Gorilla Glue!

There is a thin layer of a rubber-like material molded to the bottoms. The website says it's a "super-grippy underside," but provides no real specs. It feels moderately tacky, but after 6 months has not picked up any dirt or debris.

They don't actually stick. They just don't slide...on any surface. They're real handy...you just arrange them and stack your stuff in the center, or you lift up the edges of your stuff and slip these underneath. I can have 5 or 6 amorphous plastic bags of groceries, and push these around them so the stack remains stationary & upright.

They are a little large (8" square each), and don't nest when you stack them (although you can sort of invert one on top of another), so they take up some space when not in use. I think the large footprint gives them that non-slide stability. But I never have anything back there when I don't at least shove a couple of these around it, and with these I never need to put anything but people in the passenger space (not even on the floorboard) and can keep all contents upright (milk, soda, cooking oil) in the cargo area.

I bought them as an afterthought and they end up getting almost daily use.

I'm actually using Gorilla Blocks........from an old VW Jetta I leased and returned a few years ago. They work via velcro on OEM carpet flooring.

I'm actually using Gorilla Blocks........from an old VW Jetta I leased and returned a few years ago. They work via velcro on OEM carpet flooring.

Interesting. I've never seen these before, but having driving trucks for so long, I'd have no reason to. All I know about is bed liners and Rhino Lining.

I take it you don't have a cargo liner. I help cook for soup kitchen events and things like that, and have already slopped stuff on mine. It's nice to be able to pull the thing out and hose it down so my car doesn't smell like sun-baked coleslaw.

Me too! Except that when we sold our Jetta back to VW (dieselgate) I removed the carpeted rear mat and put it in the CX. Almost a perfect fit, close enough anyways. The Gorilla blocks work perfectly.

Had put the rotella has truck 5w30 in the new engine and it ran well so I'm trying the 5w20 gas truck. So far it doesn't seem to consume unlike the ow20s and 5w20s I've tried

Took the car for a wash after taking a long road trip from NJ to Burlington for the weekend and found rock chip on the hood! So ordered a LeBra hood bra! At least I wont see it anymore....

Took the car for a wash after taking a long road trip from NJ to Burlington for the weekend and found rock chip on the hood! So ordered a LeBra hood bra! At least I wont see it anymore....

81VyTyhAPlL._SX425_.jpg

Yikes. I would rather look at the rock chip. (shrug)

I always thought those things were supposed to be hard on paint due to abrasion. The cure might be worse than the problem. Never had one myself.

Wow, that leaves that stupid overhang unprotected.

I know you hate that thing. Did you know that thing is actually part of the bumper? Yeah, it's plastic.

Does the KE hood [metal] extend all the way to the front?

Yikes. I would rather look at the rock chip. (shrug)[/QUOTE]

Me too, even numerous rock chips!

[QUOTE="shadonoz, post: 6661918, member: 156433"]I always thought those things were supposed to be hard on paint due to abrasion. The cure might be worse than the problem. Never had one myself.[/QUOTE]

Yep yep.

Yeh, I got the Weather Tech cargo tray. It's fine...plenty deep enough. Like the others, you have to cut out the access holes in order to use the tie down hooks. Someone here posted about a cargo tray that has hinged flaps on either side so as to access the little storage areas. Not that big of a deal to me.

I also got these, which will work on any carpet or mat. They have no-slide bottoms:

CargoTech_Reusablebags_Milk_Grocery_2019.jpg

CargoTech_Camping_Lantern_2019.jpg

Great for keeping the plastic grocery bags corralled ad upright. Just set the bags down and shove the 4 corner pieces around them so things don't tip over or fall out. Stops other stuff from sliding as well (like Crock Pots if you do such events).

Those are REALLY cool and seem extremely useful...I was ready to pull the trigger! But goodness..$35 bucks a pop? WeatherTech is very proud of their products.

Those are REALLY cool and seem extremely useful...I was ready to pull the trigger! But goodness..$35 bucks a pop? WeatherTech is very proud of their products.

Yeh, their cleaner/conditioner commands a premium price as well (I have not bought any). The floor mats weren't cheap, either. After reading comments from other folks, I wish I had gone a different route for floor mats. The one thing I like about the W.T. cargo mat is they have an option that includes a back-end protector that unrolls to protect the car when loading/unloading, and rolls up when not in use:

Chev_Equinox_40442_Bumper_Protector.jpg

Regarding the blocks, I really would not want to live without them. If we still used paper grocery bags, then my stuff could sit on the flat bag bottoms and I'd put a bungee cord around them. Others mentioned that Gorilla makes one with Velcro on the bottom. Maybe they also make one with the same no-slip universal grip for a better price.

I always thought those things were supposed to be hard on paint due to abrasion. The cure might be worse than the problem. Never had one myself.

I had a vinyl bed liner for my '89 Chevy S-10. I had the truck for 16 years. When I got ready to sell it, I took the liner out to do a deep-clean, and all the paint had rubbed off down to the bare aluminum...every fleck of paint!

When I bought my Canyon, I had Rhino Liner sprayed in because of that.

I'm not big on anything that sits on top of the paint like that, especially leading into the wind.

Today, while I was coming to work, I felt a pop in my seat back, on the left upper corner. Most likely, another welding joint has released. Second since I have owned this car. Last time it was the lumbar support. No more warranty, so I need to fix this.

Today, while I was coming to work, I felt a pop in my seat back, on the left upper corner. Most likely, another welding joint has released. Second since I have owned this car. Last time it was the lumbar support. No more warranty, so I need to fix this.
Woops! Hopefully you have a welding machine and DIY. For some reason I do soldering all the time, but I can never overcome those sparks of welding and have never tried. ;)

Back