What have you done to your CX-5 today?

At Service King now to get an estimate for fixing all my damage.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There probably should be a separate thread for What the Hell Did You Do TO Your CX-5 Today?
Haha. Not a bad idea. In this case...What did someone else do to my CX-5. Lol.

Who was the other guy that got hit in a parking lot? Was it Kaps?

⋯ Who was the other guy that got hit in a parking lot? Was it Kaps?
It's Kaps and I believe he has found a good body shop fixing his door damage. But you guys' CX-5's are much better off than my CX-5, more than a hundred of dents need to get fixed! :(

It's Kaps and I believe he has found a good body shop fixing his door damage. But you guys' CX-5's are much better off than my CX-5, more than a hundred of dents need to get fixed! :(
Hail?

I also haven't shown you guys a close up of my front bumper (mainly I am a poor judge of distance when pulling into my small cramped detached garage). :)

I almost can't wait to get my first ding just so I can stop stressing about getting that inevitable first ding.

Right? I got my first scratch. Tiny little thing on the hood. It's freeing. LOL

Well I officially "joined the team" last evening. We had ordered a red/black GT2 back in March, but a GT2 with premium package came in and they gave us first right of refusal....and who can refuse such a pretty thing.

I did the True Car thing and got it for less than average, but still have a feeling that the averages are manipulated by the dealers...but we'll not discuss that on our first day of ownership. I put on about half of the 11 miles we will roll out of the dealer with this morning.

Yep! Going to find out the damage estimate next Tuesday with Progressive adjuster. Most likely our CX-5 needs a new hood and a new roof. I can't imagine the horrible process of chopping the old roof off and welding a new roof on!

On house side, of course our 3-week-old new roof is totaled again! What a waste!

I'm pretty sure that's​ not how a roof gets repaired Kaps. 😏

I'm pretty sure that's​ not how a roof gets repaired Kaps. 😏
Kaps?

In theory PDR is the best way to fix those hail dents. But once the number of dents exceeds the cost of a new roof, insurance would pay only the cheaper roof replacement. A friend of mine suffered hail damage on his 2014 CX-5 last year, and a new hood and new roof were the repair. He decided to trade in his 2014 CX-5 Touring as is and bought a new 2016.5 CX-5 GT! He actually suggests me to do the same this time!

Kaps?

In theory PDR is the best way to fix those hail dents. But once the number of dents exceeds the cost of a new roof, insurance would pay only the cheaper roof replacement. A friend of mine suffered hail damage on his 2014 CX-5 last year, and a new hood and new roof were the repair. He decided to trade in his 2014 CX-5 Touring as is and bought a new 2016.5 CX-5 GT! He actually suggests me to do the same this time!

Wow. I do wonder how one goes about replacing a CX-5 roof. (scratch)

Edit: Well without repainting and replacing anything (except the trim around the wheel), Service King can get me mostly fixed up for $180. That would be replacing that trim around the wheel, polishing up the wheel and paint and doing something with the plastic part to clean it up and condition. Won't be perfect, but should make it good enough. If they went the route of replacing items/repainting, etc. then it's closer to $980.

My deductible is $1000 (only way I could keep it affordable monthly as a 26 year old male in Denver (argh) ). So if I am paying out of pocket, I'll go the cheap route lol.

Last edited:

Edit: Well without repainting and replacing anything (except the trim around the wheel), Service King can get me mostly fixed up for $180. That would be replacing that trim around the wheel, polishing up the wheel and paint and doing something with the plastic part to clean it up and condition. Won't be perfect, but should make it good enough. If they went the route of replacing items/repainting, etc. then it's closer to $980.

My deductible is $1000 (only way I could keep it affordable monthly as a 26 year old male in Denver (argh) ). So if I am paying out of pocket, I'll go the cheap route lol.
I've $1,000 deductible too and I believe insurance is for major accidents, not for minor incident like you just had. I'd try to keep factory paint as much as I can. Re-painting is more expensive, and won't last as long as factory paint although Service King offers life-time warranty. Yeah go for the "cheap" route!

Jump on that $180 repair. That's really fair. Hope it comes out to your liking...

Once, I have found an imprinted bolt, probably like a 5/8" one, in the front chin of the car. I could count the thread pitch, and measure the hex size, it was so well embedded. I can't imagine, how that happened. I have pushed out the plastic, but it's not pretty.

China in this case- Tai Nan-but your right usually from Russia and in connection with alcohol often.

Back