Strange behavior after battery died and EPB was on: 2016 CX5

The fuse is blown? What about if a rat chews through the battery cable. Where’s a spare cable and what about the poor rat. Have a beer my mate and stop worrying. I’d be more concerned about the battery going flat in your example. Did you leave something on or is it knackered? This will stop it happening again.

Yeah... I know.

Something definitely was left on - that's why battery died. But my point was the trouble I went thru. Frankly, I think with EPB system - not many are aware of this possibility ; that can get completely stuck. As for the trunk business - ah well. At least I can still wriggle into the trunk area after lowering the rear seats. Some due to their age/size may not be able to.

As a tacit decision, have decided to avoid using EPB if my car's going to be parked someplace > 4 hrs with 1 exception - if the road's inclined.

Yeah... I know.

Something definitely was left on - that's why battery died. But my point was the trouble I went thru. Frankly, I think with EPB system - not many are aware of this possibility ; that can get completely stuck. As for the trunk business - ah well. At least I can still wriggle into the trunk area after lowering the rear seats. Some due to their age/size may not be able to.

As a tacit decision, have decided to avoid using EPB if my car's going to be parked someplace > 4 hrs with 1 exception - if the road's inclined.

You sure it will let you do that? I think it will auto apply.

I can see problems with that happening independently. Have you experienced that?

Me? No but it should auto apply if any attempt is made to leave the car unattended. That might only be during auto hold but I’ll check tomorrow if I remember.

Me? No but it should auto apply if any attempt is made to leave the car unattended. That might only be during auto hold but I’ll check tomorrow if I remember.

I have 2016 Anchorman - no auto hold for me (which is really good). I had my car in dealership and had a 2018 for few days. Yes - 2018 not 2017. I did not like the auto hold at all.

I have 2016 Anchorman - no auto hold for me (which is really good). I had my car in dealership and had a 2018 for few days. Yes - 2018 not 2017. I did not like the auto hold at all.

Maybe it’s a matter of use but I use it every time. I especially like it with Istop which seems odd not having on the rental.

Anchorman, I think you're mistaken about the EPB applying automatically when left unattended.

I left it for 5 hours the other night in P with no EPB, and when I returned it was the same.

If autohold is on, however, it will set the EPB when you release your seatbelt.

Anchorman, I think you're mistaken about the EPB applying automatically when left unattended.

I left it for 5 hours the other night in P with no EPB, and when I returned it was the same.

If autohold is on, however, it will set the EPB when you release your seatbelt.

Yes, I think you’re right.

Back