Engine Bay

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello,

Has anyone power washed their engine bay with no ill effects? Im thinking about doing mine, but obviously I would cover up electronics, etc.

I don't pressure wash, but use a gentle spray with a degreaser and brush, followed by a rinse. Blow dry followed by a plastic/rubber dressing. Electronics aren't bothered this way.

I use grocery plastic bags held in place with foil to cover alternator and battery.

I found Optimum No Rinse with Wax (green formula) to work really good in loosening dirt. A brand new soft tire brush is my favorite agitation tool. Medium pressure hose down. Leaf blower to dry up fast. Optimum No Rinse with Wax to wipe down clean.

Last edited:
Last time I sprayed a little degreaser on some areas in the engine bay (think engine plastic cover, and other non-mechanical dirty areas), then took the washer at the DIY car wash and set it to the least intensity to wash and rinse the engine bay. Worked well and no ill effects. I didn't cover anything. I did however, avoid spraying around the alternator, battery, and the box where the electrical stuff is and instead opted to clean that with a rag.

Back