UK (Brits) New 2017 model thread, or fancy a second cuppa?

Nothing yet, although they said they would tell me when it came in. Apparently, they get three days notice of the delivery date. Just got to be patient.

Hope you've gotten yours! I've taken ours out for a road trip and it performed spectacularly. The radar cruise control and auto lane correction is really great - something that really makes me feel like I'm driving a car from the future :)

Evening all

Collecting my new Mazda tomorrow after having a few minor delays in delivery, was hoping to collect a week last Friday but it only arrived at the dealership yesterday and they are installing Apple Carplay today/tomorrow "It's a big job" they say so tomorrow is the day. I did post on the Infotainment thread last night and will comment later when I've PDI'd and collected.

I had been looking for a good while and took a number of cars out for test drives including Audis and BMW's and just didn't get the same driving experience as I got with the CX-5, I also use lots of other cars when travelling with work so got to 'test drive' lots and for the most part they were either terrible or reasonable, Renault Captur to Nissan Qashqai but I didn't get the same feel as I did in the Mazda.

Also managed to chop in my 2006 Mazda 3 under the scrappage scheme so made the purchase seem like a no-brainer as I was only being offered 250-400 as trade in price. Sad to see that go too TBH but really looking forward to finally getting my hands on the new motor.

Great to read all the comments on the forum for things to look out for, help, advice and quirks. Shall be keeping in touch on the forum for sure.

Evening all

I had been looking for a good while and took a number of cars out for test drives including Audis and BMW's and just didn't get the same driving experience as I got with the CX-5, I also use lots of other cars when travelling with work so got to 'test drive' lots and for the most part they were either terrible or reasonable, Renault Captur to Nissan Qashqai but I didn't get the same feel as I did in the Mazda.
Welcome to the "club"!

I also felt the same about the various cars out there, and especially the same BMWs (X1 and 3 series) and Audis (A3, Q2, Q3). The comfort level of the Mazda really takes the cake.

Hi Levitron

Will be collecting mine on 15th October. Spend a week on the Isle of Wight driving it round and then professional detail by my friendly detailer complete with Gyeon MOHS+ to ptotect it when I get back home.

Hi all
I will be collecting my new CX5 in mid October. Anyone know what happens to your existing account for map updates and live traffic subscription as I don't want the new owner of my existing car to use my email address and password for map updates etc? I presume that I could create a new email address and password for my new CX5? I did send an email to the Mazda handsfree site using their web form last week and received no reply.
I also asked the dealer but I don't think they understood the question as they kept talking about the MyMazda application and that my existing details would be wiped clean for the new owner of my car.

The new owner of your existing car can create a new user account; the MZD server will recognize the existing car (thru it's VIN) and update as normal.
The same goes for your new car : regardless of the login (address/password) your new card will be recognized as a new car and update as usual (3 years etc.)

This is normal; some owners have their nav-card updated by their dealer, who logs in with his credentials; the server "knows" the VIN and updates accordingly.

Welcome to the "club"!

I also felt the same about the various cars out there, and especially the same BMWs (X1 and 3 series) and Audis (A3, Q2, Q3). The comfort level of the Mazda really takes the cake.

I take it you have the 17" wheels?

The new owner of your existing car can create a new user account; the MZD server will recognize the existing car (thru it's VIN) and update as normal.
The same goes for your new car : regardless of the login (address/password) your new card will be recognized as a new car and update as usual (3 years etc.)

This is normal; some owners have their nav-card updated by their dealer, who logs in with his credentials; the server "knows" the VIN and updates accordingly.

Thanks for the clarification p38cyq. You never know with computers etc

Well I collected my car on the 9th only to have a warning issued as I drove away from the dealership as below, this showed up a scratch on the gauge cluster that I wanted investigating I took the car back to them today and they are going to look in to it to get the cover changed.

Dealer did start the car and immediately the warning came up 'Emissions Failure' engine restricted to 30mph and fail to start in 482 miles, the adblue is at 100% and shows a range of 10300 miles. MIL light is illuminated and the warning is logged on the infotainment screen and I'd guess in the diagnostic history. Dealer took the car out and it wouldn't go above 20mph until it eventually cleared (MIL light still illuminated).

Not been the best experience of car buying bearing in mind this is the 3rd warning I've had since picking the car up on the 9th.

9th *System Disabled Due To High Temperature* with the symbols for SCBS and LAS
10th *System Disabled Due To Camera Obscured* with the symbols for SCBS and LAS
14th 'Emissions Failure' engine restricted to 30mph and fail to start in 482 miles

I've left it with them overnight tonight and hope to collect again tomorrow but I'm losing a bit of faith this the motor already.

Well I collected my car on the 9th only to have a warning issued as I drove away from the dealership as below, this showed up a scratch on the gauge cluster that I wanted investigating I took the car back to them today and they are going to look in to it to get the cover changed.

Dealer did start the car and immediately the warning came up 'Emissions Failure' engine restricted to 30mph and fail to start in 482 miles, the adblue is at 100% and shows a range of 10300 miles. MIL light is illuminated and the warning is logged on the infotainment screen and I'd guess in the diagnostic history. Dealer took the car out and it wouldn't go above 20mph until it eventually cleared (MIL light still illuminated).

Not been the best experience of car buying bearing in mind this is the 3rd warning I've had since picking the car up on the 9th.

9th *System Disabled Due To High Temperature* with the symbols for SCBS and LAS
10th *System Disabled Due To Camera Obscured* with the symbols for SCBS and LAS
14th 'Emissions Failure' engine restricted to 30mph and fail to start in 482 miles

I've left it with them overnight tonight and hope to collect again tomorrow but I'm losing a bit of faith this the motor already.

I would reject the car immediately.

I collected mine yesterday so fingers crossed. On first start up mine did give a message to the effect that the revs are higher to clean the injectors. The dealer said that this is normal. (we'll see).I also have Adblue so will keep a close eye on your developments NEP68

I collected mine yesterday so fingers crossed. On first start up mine did give a message to the effect that the revs are higher to clean the injectors. The dealer said that this is normal. (we'll see).I also have Adblue so will keep a close eye on your developments NEP68

It may be normal on a 2018 car, but its the first I've read of it. How will more revs clean injectors?

Has anybody fitted a dashcam to the rear window with a 3M sticky pad and has there been any subsequent problem with the electric demister or the sticky pad? Thanks.

Last edited:
I've used a suction holder over the element with no element issues.

UPDATE:
I*ve now got an Auto-Vox D6 camera fitted and it gives very good results, BUT I now can*t receive DAB radio, presumably because the camera is only inches from the shark fin aerial. Has anybody any thoughts/ideas on this? Thanks

Some cameras interfere with the dab signal, try removing the power from the camera to check .
I prefer FM anyway.

Do you also prefer black and white tv to HD!!!

To be fair it's not black and white... Some DAB stations have very low bitrates, and some are even in mono to squeeze into the available bandwith and some have artificially compressed sound to make them sound "louder", although some are very good. When a DAB station has a weak signal the break up is severe and very jarring. Likewise, some FM radio stations are very weak and either fade or the receiver reverts to mono to preserve the quality. And some FM stations are very good, especially with a strong signal. Some black and white films on an HDTV look very good, especially if the original film stock used 70mm film, preserving all the shades and tonality. So each to their own. I presume you love your heavily compressed Netflix programmes which sometimes look SD when advertised as HD?

Latest posts

Back