Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Add Content

I like the blacked out roof; I was considering doing mine but the color of my car is not really a good match with it.
Also, using a hosting service that allows the picture to be posted instead of a link is more convenient.

Replaced the oem horn with Bosch Europa Silver... sounds way better than the oem horn.

2qa48ih.jpg

Replaced the oem horn with Bosch Europa Silver... sounds way better than the oem horn.
Did you piggy back the original horn power source? Or did you wire the other one seperate. Also, did you use the stock bracket on both sides? I was considering changin mine out as well.

Did you piggy back the original horn power source? Or did you wire the other one seperate. Also, did you use the stock bracket on both sides? I was considering changin mine out as well.

I took out the oem horn and good thing our unit has two bracket to get both installed. I also had a relay installed and no wiring was splice. So if ever I can always put back the oem horn but don't see any reason why. They added style as well on my unit...(hump)

Great idea for a thread! This has helped me figure out what I want to do next. Thanks for sharing folks.

In other news, I saw a CX-5 today with twin hood scoops lol. I pulled beside him at the stoplight pointed at him out the window laughed and asked where the turbo was. Of course he just gave me a dumb look as he sat all back in his seat with his arm over the top of the wheel lel.

some new it carbon items from Japan (Samurai Produce)

Attachments

• bf4a284s-480.jpg
    bf4a284s-480.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 2,666
  • 8e29278s-480.jpg
    8e29278s-480.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 2,334
  • f629278s-480.jpg
    f629278s-480.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 2,087
  • 6e29278s-480.jpg
    6e29278s-480.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 2,061
  • ae29278s-480.jpg
    ae29278s-480.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 2,039
Nicely done, hood struts look like a good upgrade.

Also, these are an option too, roughly the same price http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mazd...rting-rod-cover-mount-refires/1473203165.html
I noticed the hood bracket on this aliexpress is more flat. The set I got its stepped (1 step), and they have a thin foam pad on the stepped side of the bracket so it's not metal to metal.. I think this may be to help prevent it from bending the metal if it's over tightened or something. I'm sure it works just as well. Also, I have ZERO hood shake now. Even after the TSB my hood was still shaky if I looked.

Last edited:
Back