What did you pay for your CX-5?

And FWIW our other car is a 2013 white mazda 3 and the bumpers are turning a cream color which is why we shied away from the white this time

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

the Delaware dealership was closed. you guys are 3 hours ahead of us on the east coast. i'm going to give them a try in the morning. my current lowest offer in writing is now $26,600 with no obligation to finance.

bestoffer.png

Guys, I've reached my expected price we discussed without obligation for standard financing and with the option to take advantage of their 0% financing special for 60 months for the 2016.5 FWD cx-5 grand touring (base model, no additional packages) in white exterior and parchment leather interior. So excited. I'll continue to see if other dealerships in the area can beat this price but I'll definitely be purchasing this vehicle by tomorrow night. :)

-Keri

Would you happen to have a price quote for this deal?
Im in LA and looking for one right now.

I was originally quoted $25,700 for my recent FWD Touring/Tech, but had to bump it up to $27K in order to get the 0% financing, which was worth it for me. Not as sharp a deal, perhaps, but there were only three (!) models in the trim package that I wanted in a 50-mile radius (while there were many hundreds of modes in different trims).

Would you happen to have a price quote for this deal?
Im in LA and looking for one right now.

I'll look when I get home. It was for the Touring w/tech, though, and there were only a small handful in the region. You might be able to get it even cheaper now as the 2017s are closer to coming out. I got the only Touring Tech they had at Browning. They also had one or two at (I think) Puente Hills and South Bay. But that was it in a 50-mile radius from me.

just bought my 2016.5 FWD grand touring (base model/no packages) with white exterior & white interior for $26,300. i will post the sales sheet on the forum when I get a chance tomorrow so people can use this price as a bargaining tool in the Southern California area. They wouldn't throw in any extra accessories like the cargo floor mat or the cargo cover though. i believe it's because i got them down to their absolute lowest price out here in the San Diego area. i ended up financing through my own credit union for 1.98% for 72 months. not bad.

Will take a look at the sheet - lower is better especially for a base grand touring. Besides its 2017 - changes are very few too.

just bought my 2016.5 FWD grand touring (base model/no packages) with white exterior & white interior for $26,300. i will post the sales sheet on the forum when I get a chance tomorrow so people can use this price as a bargaining tool in the Southern California area. They wouldn't throw in any extra accessories like the cargo floor mat or the cargo cover though. i believe it's because i got them down to their absolute lowest price out here in the San Diego area. i ended up financing through my own credit union for 1.98% for 72 months. not bad.

That's the one thing I didn't even think of asking for: accessories.

Sent from my LG V10

so the sales sheet is way too long to scan & is complicated with showing the exact price because of the $750 rebate. here was the lowest written quote i got from mazda of escondido before i got them to go down $300 more. i went back and forth between the last 3 dealerships i was bargaining with. showing them this offer & each time one would knock $100 more off of what the last guy offered. good luck on your car purchase! username cx5_dude got this exact same car for $25,909 out in baltimore, maryland. my original goal was $26,000 but most dealerships were drawing the line by $26,500 & stopped trying to earn my business. temecula offered me $26,400 & escondido countered with $26,300. seems like the west coast dealerships are not as willing to let the price go as far down as the east coast dealerships are. just my theory.

IMG_0904.JPG

Last edited:
I know it's a game and a challenge for many of us to get the best deal as possible, but just remember that every hundred bucks saved that you fight for is less than two bucks a month over a 60-month loan. My time (bargaining) is money and the stress (to me at least) isn't always worth it.

I know it's a game and a challenge for many of us to get the best deal as possible, but just remember that every hundred bucks saved that you fight for is less than two bucks a month over a 60-month loan. My time (bargaining) is money and the stress (to me at least) isn't always worth it.

That $100 stretched out over 60 (or more) months turns into more than just $100. Besides, some of us actually enjoy the hunt for the best price.

But for me since my car is already paid off saving a couple hundred bucks is still a huge savings. To me it's well worth the effort.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think playing 3 dealers against each other like that is kind of bad. Id recommend getting service from the one you bought from.

Sent from my LG V10

I think playing 3 dealers against each other like that is kind of bad. Id recommend getting service from the one you bought from.

Sent from my LG V10

I guess doing common business practices is bad to you, then. Why wouldn't one shop around? Start with 6-7 and narrow it down to three. Good job. Not the greatest price, but got to love that $80 doc fee. You saved 1-2% off what most want there (seen them as high as $699).

dealerships are called stealerships for a reason. i feel like i have to hunt around like that with quotes, otherwise they will rip me off for so much more. they hike up the prices tremendously. kelly blue book & trucar work with dealerships to make you think you are getting the best deal but if i fell for that listed price, i would have had to pay $1,000 more for my car. dont feel bad for the car business. they take advantage of all those people who don't realize they have the opportunty to negotiate the price down. now that's bad.

Sorry, that was a bit harsh. There's nothing wrong with shopping 2 dealers and getting prices. Obviously they gave you a great deal if the bottom line price was only $300 less. The going back and forth after you got the best price...that's a little sketchy imo. Again, obviously a great price. But it shows they weren't screwing you.

They call them stealerships because it's funny and it rhymes. Dealerships are full of decent hard working people not out to screw you. My friends husband sells Kia's. Likewise my mother in laws Chrysler Jeep guy is a gem. He's a good guy and doesn't try to screw people. Sure, there's a bad egg or two just like any profession (like the jerk I met at a different Jeep dealer). But overall, today's car salesman aren't the jerk offs most people make them out to be.
I got a price at one dealer, got another price at a second dealer which was only $150 cheaper. I thought I was treated very well at the 2nd and that's why I bought from them.

Sent from my LG V10

That $100 stretched out over 60 (or more) months turns into more than just $100. Besides, some of us actually enjoy the hunt for the best price.

Oh, no doubt! (I got a 0% loan, so that hundred bucks is still a hundred bucks, but nevermind...) I HATE dealing with car dealerships. I took a few test drives, but did most of my "shopping" online, getting prices from internet sales associates. My choices were very limited due to my particular demands, but once I got an offer I was good with - the best internet offer from a few regional dealers - I just wanted to get it over with asap. I'm sure I could have saved a few hundred by shopping my quote around, but quite frankly it wasn't worth my time and aggravation. My wife and I ALMOST bought a 2017 CRV that morning, and dealing with the Honda salesman (who wasn't a bad chap, but still...) only made me decide that I wanted the CX-5 that weekend, with as little further hassle as possible.

Back