Removing Interior Carpet

:
2003 Sunlight Silver Mazda Proteg5
Does anyone have any insights or comments on how to remove the interior carpet on an automatic 2002 Mazda Protege5?

I have searched across the forums and found one How To on removing the headliner for the roof rack delete, but have not been able to find a thread on removing the carpet.

I have looked at the service manual and it recommends to remove the automatic shifter. From what I understand the shifter is cable controlled. Are there any precautions I should take with that system?

Main reason is I will be doing a engine wiring harness swap soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove seats and console and door sills and kick panels and go from there. Not really seeing why shifter would need to come out unless it is bolted down over carpet. I would think you could start from doors and work inward and lift carpet up and over shifter tho. Haven't done this so some of this = supposition.

Remove seats and console and door sills and kick panels and go from there. Not really seeing why shifter would need to come out unless it is bolted down over carpet. I would think you could start from doors and work inward and lift carpet up and over shifter tho. Haven't done this so some of this = supposition.
All as stated above, very simple. Seat belts have to be unbolted as well.

Awesome! I haven't looked into it yet but the clip that hold the wiring harness. Do those have to be crimped with a pair of pliers and then pulled up?

The car I'm working on has side airbags. Are there any precautions to take when removing the B pillar? Battery has been off the car for days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back