Bluetooth Pairing Request

Jeffstein

:
2014 Mazda Cx-5
I have a 2014 Mazda CX-5 and I replaced the original radio (which had bluetooth) with a JVC kw-m740bt with Bluetooth. It works fine and the steering wheel controls work fine also. My only problem is, the car still sends a bluetooth pairing request from Mazda. I'm not sure how that is coming through or how to stop it IF the Mazda radio is no longer in the car. Any suggestions? I did already factory reset my phone but I still get the message

The Bluetooth module is above the glove box, I believe you have to remove the glove box to get to the Bluetooth module.

I have a 2014 Mazda CX-5 and I replaced the original radio (which had bluetooth) with a JVC kw-m740bt with Bluetooth. It works fine and the steering wheel controls work fine also. My only problem is, the car still sends a bluetooth pairing request from Mazda. I'm not sure how that is coming through or how to stop it IF the Mazda radio is no longer in the car. Any suggestions? I did already factory reset my phone but I still get the message
Remove the glove box and you will see the bluetooth module...just disconnect it

Why is Mazda's BT a seperate module not integrated into the head unit?

lol you didn't need to factory reset your phone you could have just removed the mazda connection but ok, glad you got it working

Why is Mazda's BT a seperate module not integrated into the head unit?

He's on a 2014. The 2013-2015 system is very modular - GPS, USB and bluetooth were all separate from the head. Some of that could be due to physical space constraints.

I am unsure if this is also the case with Mazda Connect.

Back