2017~2024 CX-5 Signature 800+ Mile Report / Thoughts

What is the scale? Is it A-Z or does it stop at C. If there*s a B+ is there a B-? Is this a recognised US assessment?

What is the scale? Is it A-Z or does it stop at C. If there*s a B+ is there a B-? Is this a recognised US assessment?
US grades. A through F.

Edit: And correct, there are usually + and - attached. A B+ for example, is a high B close to an A-. An A+ being basically a perfect rating. F is just an F.

Last edited:
I'm at about 1k miles in my Signature, and I agree with this post. The RDX just didn't have the value, and the XC40 is just a little too small and is missing features that the CX-5 has.

I'm having a blast (safely) passing at will. I was pretty worried about the seats when I first got it, but they have broken in nicely. I would still say they are pretty narrow, and I'm a fairly thin person so I imagine larger people could be uncomfortable. The infotainment is indeed buggy when using Android Auto/CarPlay. It's annoying that it goes back to the radio by default when you unplug your phone. I'd rather it just go silent like bluetooth functions in most vehicles.

Overall, there are very few negatives and almost anyone would be happy with this vehicle. The fuel efficiency is mediocre, but that's of course not why people get the turbo. My next vehicle will likely be electric, so I will enjoy the turbo until then.

It's annoying that it goes back to the radio by default when you unplug your phone. I'd rather it just go silent like bluetooth functions in most vehicles.

A total fail design decision. What were they thinking.

My next vehicle will likely be electric, so I will enjoy the turbo until then.

"Burnin' gas and haulin' ass" Yes! enjoy it now, cause the IC road does not go on forever, and the party will eventually end.

Back