2017 CX-5 Radar cruise control intermittently disabled below 20mph

Just checked the warnings and it says to check that the badge emblem is clean. Once again the pdf is too large.

Mods, can we have a bit more capacity for pdf’s please?

Just checked the warnings and it says to check that the badge emblem is clean. Once again the pdf is too large.

Mods, can we have a bit more capacity for pdf’s please?

OP said area (I assume badge as well) is clean.

(hmm)

Both the windshield and emblem should be checked and cleaned. I really do not understand what the service people are doing here? Of course this is the inter web So grains of salt needed.

Both the windshield and emblem should be checked and cleaned. I really do not understand what the service people are doing here? Of course this is the inter web So grains of salt needed.

Depends on how well they are trained...

Well this is true and certainly what I would do but it depends if a knowledgeable technician or a knowledgeable service advisor gets involved. The message that goes with the warning on the photo on the first page of this thread says emblem and knowing how dirty the front of my car gets and how much tar gets flung about even in winter, I would check it very carefully. I know someone who designs radar cruise control and one of the big problems is designing an emblem that misses the logo where the cameras look through - it’s very tight.

As the pdf is too big, I took a screenshot of the warning in the photo. I know the one regarding frost is very accurate so I would pay attention to it.

26_ADC458-3579-4_D9_E-9_B22-5_A479_AFA903_F.png

All depends on how good or bad the service centre is for the dealership

I have a brand new 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring with stop and go cruise control. About 50% of the time I use the cruise control, I get this message: "Mazda Radar Cruise Control Disabled under 20 mph". The radar faceplate and the camera are both clean (I get a different message when they are obstructed). The dealership has checked the computer and found no errors or faults. There doesn't seem to be a pattern as to when it's disabled and when it's not, so I'm having trouble diagnosing.

The manual (page 4-126) says this message displays when there is an issue with the forward sensing camera, an issue with the stop hold control function, or the electric parking break.

Any ideas?

attachment.php

View attachment 217768

Hey man I think I found out why it does that. Well here is what solved exactly my problem.

My 2018 CX5 never said that till after I also got the remote start installed at dealer, but like yours it wasnt factory Remote start. So yesterday I noticed that if I turn on the remote start get in car , drive off and then put seat belt I will get message.

But if I put my seat belt on, turn on car via push start, and drive off I dont get the under 20mph disabled ...

Thats what solved my prob. Try it , Im guessing it has something to do with the remote start or the installation process.

PS. I am also from Midwest. So it maybe the way they install it here.

Last edited:
Hey man I think I found out why it does that. Well here is what solved exactly my problem.

My 2018 CX5 never said that till after I also got the remote start installed at dealer, but like yours it wasn’t factory Remote start. So yesterday I noticed that if I turn on the remote start get in car , drive off and then put seat belt I will get message.

But if I put my seat belt on, turn on car via push start, and drive off I don’t get the under 20mph disabled ...

That’s what solved my prob. Try it , I’m guessing it has something to do with the remote start or the installation process.

PS. I am also from Midwest. So it maybe the way they install it here.

kcin911 the same for me
After I had a remote start installed
I was receiving the same message.
now I just restart car manually and no message.

Conflict between remote start and radar cruise control.

Interesting....

Same with me, remote start, error message, turn off goes away

kcin911 the same for me
After I had a remote start installed
I was receiving the same message.
now I just restart car manually and no message.

my 18' CX5 with dealer installed (not factory) remote start always causes the warning message, as soon as I turn if off engine it goes away. It seems to be Related to remote start.

Same with me on the non-factory remote start. I get the error, shut off the car, restart and it's good. Interesting.

FYI the error detail screen for me showed no better information. "SBS Brake/MRCC Unavailable" is what I get with the error about cruise < 30kph not working.

I am getting the same message where the MRCC is disabled under 30km/h. I noticed that it shows this message if I start the car using the aftermarket remote starter (Idatastart). If I start the car normally using the push button I don’t get the message. Looks like there is an issue with the remote starter integration with the car electronics.

Make sure your windshield and sensor up front are clean. For the sensor I used Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer as it is very hydrophobic and repels rain and dirt much better. I even wiped the rear camera lens with it so rain drops dont stay.

great idea about the backup camera. every time it rains i have to wipe it down

Back