The I dont know how to leave anything stock Build

NjJon

:
Cx5
The I dont know how to leave anything stock Build

Hey all! I swore I wasnt going to do it, but after just a week I know I was lying to myself. I had all intentions of keeping this car stock, but Ive came to terms thats not going to happen.

Last week I picked up my black 2018 CX-5 GT - and I love it. I needed a reliable, practical, but fun, daily driver for my 130 mile a day commute, and my 600 mile weekend ski trips. The cx5 certainly fits the bill!

Most people thought it was bizarre for me to get one of these, but they dont get it! Im probably on the lower end of the average owners age (25), and this car is a bit out of character for me - but it doesnt stop me from loving it.

My weekend car/track car is a supercharged 2014 Subaru BRZ
2uLskkl.jpg

And then we have my turbocharged 1989 Miata that I harvest my bad ideas in
QuUOR8n.jpg

kqKIJn0.jpg

And now for the new daily!
1erJokl.jpg

First order of business will be tint, followed by a solution to get this car lowered. I dont want to go the spring route, so a custom set of Coilovers may be in the works.

Tell me more about the BRZ. I have seriously considered this for a "fun toy".

Upgrade rims/tires.
Throw on a "all inclusive" FI kit of some sort.

That's about as far as my mental FRS/BRZ build has gotten. Will stock brakes work for casual use (spirited street, not hotlapping VIR)? Is the transmission and clutch in OEM form up to an I/E/FI build on pump gas with a safe tune?

What else would you recommend. Also, how wide can you go on the front and rear tires on the BRZ without rolling fenders or limiting suspension travel, given proper offset rims?

I'd like a short build rundown on yours. It looks very classy. I can see you have a cage in it, and I'm not looking to go that radical. Basically, I'd like to turn the BRZ into "a tiny 370Z with better manners". I like how you've modified the vehicles in this thread, although I'm not into the "Stance" scene.

Nice. How did you get the red interior on the CX-5?
Aftermarket dealer option
Tell me more about the BRZ. I have seriously considered this for a "fun toy".

Upgrade rims/tires.
Throw on a "all inclusive" FI kit of some sort.

That's about as far as my mental FRS/BRZ build has gotten. Will stock brakes work for casual use (spirited street, not hotlapping VIR)? Is the transmission and clutch in OEM form up to an I/E/FI build on pump gas with a safe tune?

What else would you recommend. Also, how wide can you go on the front and rear tires on the BRZ without rolling fenders or limiting suspension travel, given proper offset rims?

I'd like a short build rundown on yours. It looks very classy. I can see you have a cage in it, and I'm not looking to go that radical. Basically, I'd like to turn the BRZ into "a tiny 370Z with better manners". I like how you've modified the vehicles in this thread, although I'm not into the "Stance" scene.

Its definitely a fun car and it doesnt take much to make it a real blast! You can fit a 255s under stock fenders without a roll. And every little suspension mod you do to this car is worth the money!

Im currently still running an oem clutch and trans, and its holding up pretty well. Albeit, Im making just under 300whp on pump gas. Im not competitive, I just like to have fun.

Current mod list

Engine
Sprintex Stage 2 supercharger w/ 69mm Pulley
Motoeast 93 Tune
Perrin drop in air filter
Snorkle mod
Borla Catless UEL header
Motiv FP
Motiv OP
Muffler Delete

Trans/Driveline
IRP Shifter
Single piece DSS aluminum driveshaft

Suspension/Chassis
Whiteline transmision insert
Whiteline differential insert
Whiteline rear subframe insert
Fortune Auto 500 coilovers
SPC rear lower control arms
Master cylinder brace

Brakes
STI Brembos
APR Brake ducts

Wheels/Tires
Gramlights 57DR 18x9.5
265/35 Yokohoma Neova AD08R
Project KICS LEGGDURA lug nuts

Interior
Autopower weld in roll bar powdercoated subaru wrinkle red
VLS Boost guage
VLS Wideband guage
VLS Oil pressure gauge
Custom guage pod
Version select black/grey floormats

Exterior
TRD Side skirts
STI replica lip
Custom chassis mount splitter
APR carbon fiber brake duct inserts
Vinyl rapped roof

Last edited:
Aftermarket dealer option

It’s definitely a fun car and it doesn’t take much to make it a real blast! You can fit a 255s under stock fenders without a roll. And every little suspension mod you do to this car is worth the money!

I’m currently still running an oem clutch and trans, and it’s holding up pretty well. Albeit, I’m making just under 300whp on pump gas. I’m not competitive, I just like to have fun.

Current mod list

Engine
Sprintex Stage 2 supercharger w/ 69mm Pulley
Motoeast 93 Tune
Perrin drop in air filter
Snorkle mod
Borla Catless UEL header
Motiv FP
Motiv OP
Muffler Delete

Trans/Driveline
IRP Shifter
Single piece DSS aluminum driveshaft

Suspension/Chassis
Whiteline transmision insert
Whiteline differential insert
Whiteline rear subframe insert
Fortune Auto 500 coilovers
SPC rear lower control arms
Master cylinder brace

Brakes
STI Brembos
APR Brake ducts

Wheels/Tires
Gramlights 57DR 18x9.5
265/35 Yokohoma Neova AD08R
Project KICS LEGGDURA lug nuts

Interior
Autopower weld in roll bar powdercoated subaru wrinkle red
VLS Boost guage
VLS Wideband guage
VLS Oil pressure gauge
Custom guage pod
Version select black/grey floormats

Exterior
TRD Side skirts
STI replica lip
Custom chassis mount splitter
APR carbon fiber brake duct inserts
Vinyl rapped roof

Nice! Why the driveshaft?

What kind of mods are you looking to do on that CX-5? There are a lot of mods for the KE chassis, I haven't done much research about how much is backwards compatible with the KF chassis.
I do know that some parts are the same, as on the autoexe Japanese website some suspension parts listed for the KE (Gen1) CX5 are the same part numbers listed for the KF (Gen2) CX-5.

The English autoexe website hasn't been updated to show the gen2 yet but you can compare the English offering page to the updated Japanese page frot eh gen2 and see shared pats..

English Gen1 https://www.autoexe.co.jp/english/car/ke.html

Jap gen2 https://www.autoexe.co.jp/?page_id=2112

Back