2017~2024 Finally I'm A 2018 Mazda CX-5 Owner

On my 2017 Touring, I updated the front end with an LED strip which replaces the black strip that sits next to the OEM fog lights. It has a white LED driving light and then it turns to amber when the turn signals or hazards are activated. I also attached a white LED strip above the headlights to spruce it up since it was lacking the "signature" trim.

At night it looks great and really stands out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
I like your mod. They at least have improved the safety greatly on front turn signals as the factory front signals hide at inner corners of headlights housing and hard to be seen from many angles. They easily got drown out by DRLs while flashing.

Here're many different DRL setups on gen-2 CX-5. Higher-trim CX-5's with LED Signature accent strips in Australia and UK keep the "inboard" LED DRLs found on US Touring/Sport. But on US CX-5 the "inboard" DRLs are missing from our GT with LED Signature accent strips. Agree with m8te, your LED Signature accent strips (the halos) do look brighter for some reason.

I am glad they are brighter here :)

I like your mod. They at least have improved the safety greatly on front turn signals as the factory front signals hide at inner corners of headlights housing and hard to be seen from many angles. They easily got drown out by DRLs while flashing.

Thanks!

Yes, I noticed the same thing about the inner turn signals. The mod makes it much more visible since the bottom row of LEDs by the fogs turn into a turn signal.

The 2nd picture proves the point that the inner turn signal LED gets drowned out by the DRL's

You guys probably now this but in order for DRL's to come on, you need not only to be in drive but accelerate a little bit. Letting it roll or coast won't switch them on.

Tried this out yesterday.

I disagree that the Touring lights are even remotely difficult to see. That is a cool mod though. [emoji106]

(iagree) - seen multiple GT/Akera CX-5's here with DRLs and I can see their front turn signals with no issue.

Might depend on the person's eyesight though.

Last edited:
Drive a 5 series with HUD a couple of years ago, wasn't as good as the CX-5 version. Maybe they are better now

I have BOTH....I prefer the BMW HUD, however in the Mazda, I like that the BSW alerts are in the HUD display as well, and BMW doesn't have a warning tone for it as well.

Last edited:
These are the European options.......
Always like the way Euro and other regions use separate bulbs for front turn signals and parking lights instead of a dual-filament bulb serving for dual purpose for US CX-5. Thanks for the docs!

attachment.php

IMG_0299.PNG

I was startled by the interior shot. I saw the metric numbers, but didn't process a right-hand drive. It's interesting to see where other things were placed...radio volume for example.

I was startled by the interior shot. I saw the metric numbers, but didn't process a right-hand drive. It's interesting to see where other things were placed...radio volume for example.

Slight changes between countries :)

Receiving the 2018 Sonic Silver GT tomorrow (Wednesday) in Mississauga, Ontario Canada. Is it normal for me to ask them to put it up on the hoist for the inspection?

I want to see all angles of this vehicle before we take ownership.

Receiving the 2018 Sonic Silver GT tomorrow (Wednesday) in Mississauga, Ontario Canada. Is it normal for me to ask them to put it up on the hoist for the inspection?

Not weird but not common place either

Brand new car? Yea its weird. If its used for some reason then no its not weird.

I'm betting: first time buying brand new and trying to make sure it's perfect.

Back