Mazda CX-5 2017 winter rim offset question

:
2020 CX-5 GTR
Hi all,

I think they are probably fine but I am targeting a set of used 17in Mazda 6 wheels (2010) for my 2017 CX-5 (downgrading from 19in rims).
The stock CX-5 wheels on the sport/touring trim are 17x7 with a 45mm offset. The Mazda 6 wheels are 17x7 with a 52.5mm offset.

Am I correct in assuming this will be fine? Find it hard to believe that less than 1cm would be that big of an issue.

Thanks for any help in advance!

The OEM offsets for both the 19 and 17 inch rims are EF 50, going with the used mazda 3 rims with a ET 52.5 will not hurt anything, all it will do is push the wheels a little further in then the stock ones but you will not have any issues of rubbing.

The OEM offsets for both the 19 and 17 inch rims are EF 50, going with the used mazda 3 rims with a ET 52.5 will not hurt anything, all it will do is push the wheels a little further in then the stock ones but you will not have any issues of rubbing.

I thought the OEM offset in 2017 was 45 not 50.
Was pretty sure 52.5 won't be an issue but since its a craigslist buy, it isn't like I can give them back later!

Thanks for your help!

I thought the OEM offset in 2017 was 45 not 50.
Was pretty sure 52.5 won't be an issue but since its a craigslist buy, it isn't like I can give them back later!

Thanks for your help!

You are correct that the 2017's have an ET45 where as the first gens where ET50. Still should not be an issue what so ever. You have 3 options, run the mazda6 wheels as they are, I don't think you'll have an issue. 2) look for a different set that has a different Offset. 3) Run the mazda6 wheels but use some spacers behind the wheels for the proper offset. 10mm wheel spacers will put you pretty close to stock.

For winter setup I would just run them with out spacers since it will slightly tuck the wheels in a bit more helping reduce road spray from getting all over the side of the car.

The stock 2017 offset is 45. I think the 17x7 +52.5 rims you found would be a good choice.

I bought used Madzaspeed 3 wheels (18X7.5 +52.5) for my winter rims. Painted them Graphite. Bought a set of 4 tire air pressure sensors,TPMS, part #BHA4-37140 for $40 on eBay. Then had Costco mount and install Michelin X-Ice Xi3 225/60/R18 tires. I'm very happy with them, they ride great and sound as quite as the stock tires.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The slightly tuck should help reduce road spray

attachment.php

Plenty of clearance inside

Back