Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to be available as retrofit this fall

fingers crossed [emoji4]
Thanks

Thats the only usb hub and cable kit that has been released and the same one I installed in my CX-9. Cable length will be more than enough. Youll actually have to tuck some excess cable away as stated in the instructions.

That*s the only usb hub and cable *kit* that has been released and the same one I installed in my CX-9. Cable length will be more than enough. You*ll actually have to tuck some excess cable away as stated in the instructions.

Thanks. I am actually more concerned on how to update the firmware prior to installation of the kit.

I called the Wayne and Morristown dealers in NJ and they both told me they are not doing installs on the CX-5 yet and do not have a date.

OK, just got the ACP/AA installation for my 2018 CX-9 Sig via my local Mazda dealer...I'm still checking things out, but thus far all seems well with ACP. Status update pending.

Questions???

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

OK, just got the ACP/AA installation for my 2018 CX-9 Sig via my local Mazda dealer...I'm still checking things out, but thus far all seems well with ACP. Status update pending.

Questions???

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

How much did you end up paying?

My dealership has a 20% coupon for accessories. Wonder if this would be considered as an accessory?

eBay has a 15% off coupon today until 8, code "PICKFAST" in the app only. I just got the kit with the discount, $167-15%. (2thumbs)

My dealership has a 20% coupon for accessories. Wonder if this would be considered as an accessory?

Just called my service advisor and asked him about the 20% discount and if ACP is considered an accessory and he called the parts department and informed me that ACP/AA IS considered an accessory and I would be able to use the 20% discount...nice! So should be around $324 OTD

Last edited:
Just called the three local dealerships. Only one had the part for CX-9 available today, and they wanted $510 OTD. The other two said they'll be doing it for $399+tax, but don't have a part yet.

I've waited two years, may wait a bit longer ...

Just called my service advisor and asked him about the 20% discount and if ACP is considered an accessory and he called the parts department and informed me that ACP/AA IS considered an accessory and I would be able to use the 20% discount...yay! So should be around $324 OTD

my dealer also has this 20% deal for accessories too, good to know !

I'm seeing the retrofit announced on auto news sites for most Mazda's 2014 and up. It's $200 for parts plus labor at about 2 hours. So most dealers you're looking at around $400.

I may do it but $400 is steeper than it needs to be.

My dealer Mastria Mazda in MA didn't let me apply the 20% discount they listed on their website for accessories...talk about some serious bs.

You can buy it online for cheaper I think. And there is a DIY video on YouTube too.

From what I've seen, people have described the job as taking about an hour, and that's without experience. Yet the dealer labor cost is 2 hours with experience doing it over and over with the right tools. That's what's annoying. For $300 I'd be more inclined to do it. For $400 I'm leaning towards no because for me, the main advantage is Google maps integration. Everything else I just do with Bluetooth anyway. Vast majority of the time I just listen to XM radio.

has anyone had issues with AA muting the ringtone on Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Oreo 8.1??? Everything works great but muted ringtone makes it way to easy to miss calls......

Back