What did you pay for your CX-5?

OK, we get it - you really, really, really hate diesels as you've stated numerous times. Even though you have never driven a CX 5 with.that engine! Funny how people on this forum who actually have (like Matthredsox for one) seem to very strongly disagree with you (and that's putting it mildly). I think I'll go out on a limb and state the obvious: I trust him more than you on this issue..
If u don't like the diesel then don't buy it - IMHO more consumer options r always preferable to the alternative. But may I humbly suggest that you please stop spreading false information based on conjecture and your obvious biases. The car will be here soon enough and then we can make our respective decisions. Thank you.

What am I spreading that is false? That would be you, because I've NEVER said I dispised diesels, they have their purpose, but carry on...my thoughts that it will be a dud isn't false either, it's an opinion that's yet to be determined...

What am I spreading that is false? That would be you, because I've NEVER said I dispised diesels, they have their purpose, but carry on...my thoughts that it will be a dud isn't false either, it's an opinion that's yet to be determined...

Looking back over some of your recent posts on this it "appears" that you may have an axe to grind. You state some pretty strong opinions - and you have every right to, of course. Your "opinion" is just as valid as mine or any other poster. But, again, we haven't had the opportunity to experience the drive yet.
So let's just see what happens.

I'm just struck by how satisfied many of the diesel owners seem to be. Very few complaints that I can see.
Diesel engines in NA, as you know, are seen in poor light right now due to the VW scandal. And some don't know about the massive tech improvements over the diesels of yore.
But, if this engine is as good as advertised (by owners), and the mileage is good (with the benefit of added torque for towing, performance, et. al.), I have a hard time understanding how Mazda can't meet it's fairly modest target (what is it, 10% of overall sales?).
I see very few downsides but YMMV. I know in my area of SW PA with our hilly terrain, this car will likely sell well. The 2 dealers I've spoken to are both anticipating allocation on par with the gas models. So, perhaps they have done some market research?

We are leasing for 3 years, 10k miles per year. The residual that we were quoted is 63%, which I think is really good. I think my Audi leased with a 51% residual. I didn't expect much off the sticker because it seems like they aren't dealing.

Payments are $388 per month with $2k down. Based on past leases, I think that is really good. Our '16 Accord payments are close, and that is an $8k cheaper car, so I was pleasantly surprised. If anyone thinks differently, I'm certainly open for opinions. I haven't leased a Mazda in 11 years, since my '06 MX-5.

Got quoted $33,500 out the door for a Soul Red GT FWD with premium package.
Georgia tax is 7%

Good deal?
I'd say that's about average. Not a bad deal, not a great deal.

/Edit/ That's with tax.. So like $31,200 for a GT with Premium. Yea, that's getting into good deal territory. LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looking for 2017 touring FW with prefer package around so_cal. It look like dealers don't have a lot in stock . I'm thinking​ about offer MSRP for OTD price, what do you guys think? CA TTL is like 2400 I think...

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

There is tons of competition in this segment and there is nothing too great about CX-5 . I say wait it out. There is always new stock coming. They gotta lower the price.

I would also suggest going for the Grand Touring. It costs a bit more but worth it and it has everything. Might as well get the whole works.

Now, I wish at least the GT trim came with foot activated lift gate, panoramic sunroof, air flow control dials for the center vents, lockable glove box etc. but for some reason they don't seem to want to do it. Not sure how much they save by penny pinching.

There is tons of competition in this segment and there is nothing too great about CX-5 . I say wait it out. There is always new stock coming. They gotta lower the price.

I would also suggest going for the Grand Touring. It costs a bit more but worth it and it has everything. Might as well get the whole works.

Now, I wish at least the GT trim came with foot activated lift gate, panoramic sunroof, air flow control dials for the center vents, lockable glove box etc. but for some reason they don't seem to want to do it. Not sure how much they save by penny pinching.

Correct

I believe Ford still has the patent for foot activated lift gate, no? And everyone seems to have dropped the locking glove box ....

I believe Ford still has the patent for foot activated lift gate, no? And everyone seems to have dropped the locking glove box ....

Now I don't agree or couldn't careless about these features, but he's correct on pricing and competition.

Ford, whew, thanks gawd they're gone...

Hi. New member here. Getting ready to make a purchase on 2017 GT AWD Pearl White no extra packages.

MSRP $31,835
Getting it for $32,500 OTD

TTL I've been told adds 11% (CA)

I'm not sure if this is something good deal. First dealer was so hard to get them to budge and meet me at $32500

Second dealer basically just said ok when I said that's what I want to pay.

Now I question is that a good price. Did I start too high?

TIA

Got a quote for 27,500 on touring awd with iactivsense, msrp is 28,780 in Chicago area, anybody got better deals in this area? I'm trying to get it below 27k but no luck so far

Hi. New member here. Getting ready to make a purchase on 2017 GT AWD Pearl White no extra packages.

MSRP $31,835
Getting it for $32,500 OTD

TTL I've been told adds 11% (CA)

I'm not sure if this is something good deal. First dealer was so hard to get them to budge and meet me at $32500

Second dealer basically just said ok when I said that's what I want to pay.

Now I question is that a good price. Did I start too high?

TIA

What is the actual selling price without rebates or anything else?

Got a quote for 27,500 on touring awd with iactivsense, msrp is 28,780 in Chicago area, anybody got better deals in this area? I'm trying to get it below 27k but no luck so far

It's Memorial Day and be end of the month. Sit patiently and you'll get the price you want if you can make them (or yourself lol) hold out a few days. Good luck and enjoy your new ride when you get it...

My BMW has it (foot operation)

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

My BMW has it (foot operation)

RAV4 , CRV and Rogue has it. Tucson has something similar as well. Mazda should have gone that route as well imo.

Only realized its potential the other day when I had grocery bags in both hands late at night.

But I still like the speed of manually opening/closing the lift gate like in my 2016 Touring also..

Yes you can get a better deal. See my post on the previous page. PM me if you want details on which dealer and how I negotiated.

What is the actual selling price without rebates or anything else?

Apologies in advance if I'm mis-understanding the question.

I'm not currently seeing any incentives on Mazda USA (other than 1.9% financing) for at 2017. I haven't actually stepped foot into the dealership for them to break it down for me.
I just saw they had the model I wanted online with MSRP of $31,835.
I called the Internet Sales Manager and said I'd like to get it out the door at $32500. He ran the numbers while on the phone and said he can do it.

I would think it is $31,835 - 11% = ~$28,333.15

Again, I really don't know what I'm doing. I've been reading about what people are getting theirs for etc.. I was also told getting it out the door at MSRP is really good. I tried that at the first dealer and they really didn't want to go that low. So I moved up a bit and got closer, they may have gone for $33,500 ish. So at second dealer when I called I started at $32,500

Last edited:
Apologies in advance if I'm mis-understanding the question.

I'm not currently seeing any incentives on Mazda USA. I haven't actually stepped foot into the dealership for them to break it down for me.
I just saw they had the model I wanted online with MSRP of $31,835.
I called the Internet Sales Manager and said I'd like to get it out the door at $32500. He ran the numbers while on the phone and said he can do it.

I would think it is $31,835 - 11% = ~$28,333.15

Again, I really don't know what I'm doing. I've been reading about what people are getting theirs for etc.. I was also told getting it out the door at MSRP is really good. I tried that at the first dealer and they really didn't want to go that low. So I moved up a bit and got closer, they may have gone for $33,500 ish. So at second dealer when I called I started at $32,500

I ask because the selling price is what matters. We all pay different taxes, doc fees, etc.

I'm just afraid they get you to believe it's OTD pricing, and then you get there and it doesn't include their $699 doc fee, and a couple hundred more for some other BS fees.

Work on the selling price as the rest are a given (taxes,etc). Ask them for a breakdown of the pricing...

Back