missing features

Missing outright:
fully lit door switches (window control in particular)

I'm fine with the unlit window control, after all it's just up or down. But I have bigger problem with the wiper control level, especially given I'm not using these functions everyday, I tend to forget what the various lever positions and rotary dial positions mean. Caught off guard once, heavy rain at night, frantically trying to figure out how to get the (front & rear) wipers do what I want, as I couldn't see the level markings at all.

I'm fine with the unlit window control, after all it's just up or down. But I have bigger problem with the wiper control level, especially given I'm not using these functions everyday, I tend to forget what the various lever positions and rotary dial positions mean. Caught off guard once, heavy rain at night, frantically trying to figure out how to get the (front & rear) wipers do what I want, as I couldn't see the level markings at all.

AFAIK pretty much no mainstream vehicle has the wiper controls on the stalk lit

Maybe Mazda HQ reads these forums and might fix that problem for you on their next model :)

If this ever happens I'm sure the fix will be rolled out in this sequence: Mazda Australia/Europe will get it first, years later 3s & 6s in the US, then many more years later US CX-5. :-(

If this ever happens I'm sure the fix will be rolled out in this sequence: Mazda Australia/Europe will get it first, years later 3s & 6s in the US, then many more years later US CX-5. :-(

Could be. That's why when an update comes, IMO all models in all countries should get it at the same time

How was it's engine performance?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think I need to play around with SPORT mode as it would be better to be in the power band when accelerating through the corner rather than have the transmission shift down and unsettle the chassis. All told, I think there's the potential for a good deal of fun at real world speeds!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I need to play around with SPORT mode as it would be better to be in the power band when accelerating through the corner rather than have the transmission shift down and unsettle the chassis. All told, I think there's the potential for a good deal of fun at real world speeds!

Cool. Thank you for the feedback

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"Heated steering wheel and rear seats as well as windshield wiper de-icer are rarely used by a half of the US customers. MADD/HUD is unique and expensive, but most US customers have never used this feature and they don't feel the need of wanting one!"

Yrwei: What sampling technique did you use when you conducted your marketing research to make these claims? I'd love to see your instrument, how you did your analysis, etc. It seems to be another example of someone representing their opinion as statistically generalizable results.

Had to go back and read his comment. You certainly do have a habit of thinking you are the average buyer. Yrwei52... you're not. Poor taste of features? Power seat SHOULD always come with Power seat? Screw that, I don't want to pay an extra penny for that. My Volvo has memory seats. We don't use them AT ALL. It even adjusts the mirrors. We still don't use them. All the climate things you think would be used by ONLY half the country? Do you really think our climate is split that evenly? The HUD was a fantastic idea. There may be a lot of people that have never had one, but now that they do? Mada might have customers for life unless the other brands start rolling out HUD's. Viva La Competition

Had to go back and read his comment. You certainly do have a habit of thinking you are the average buyer. Yrwei52... you're not. Poor taste of features? Power seat SHOULD always come with Power seat? Screw that, I don't want to pay an extra penny for that. My Volvo has memory seats. We don't use them AT ALL. It even adjusts the mirrors. We still don't use them. All the climate things you think would be used by ONLY half the country? Do you really think our climate is split that evenly? The HUD was a fantastic idea. There may be a lot of people that have never had one, but now that they do? Mada might have customers for life unless the other brands start rolling out HUD's. Viva La Competition

I've never really used the memory seat functions on my prior cars and really wasn't very excited about having to pay for the premium package to get a few items I wanted and a few things I really wasn't interested in....such as the memory seats.

As it turns out, the memory seat function is useful for my wife and I. She's pretty tall and most of it is legs, so we don't adjust the seat positions when we switch drivers. But the HUD needs to be in different positions. The memory seat function is great here.

It would be very nice if it adjusted the side mirrors too.

Back