What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Well washed the car and observed some horrendous new paint chipping on my hood.

I wonder how expensive it would be to just get a new hood and then do what I should have done in the beginning which is to protect it.

Well washed the car and observed some horrendous new paint chipping on my hood.

I wonder how expensive it would be to just get a new hood and then do what I should have done in the beginning which is to protect it.

I've been looking online at used CX-5 parts just to see how deep inventory might be should I need something.

This site shows an undamaged hood for a 2015 in your area for $325.

I'm surprised at how many CX-5 parts I find near me. Inventory is way deeper than for my 2005 Canyon/Colorado.

I've been looking online at used CX-5 parts just to see how deep inventory might be should I need something.

This site shows an undamaged hood for a 2015 in your area for $325.

I'm surprised at how many CX-5 parts I find near me. Inventory is way deeper than for my 2005 Canyon/Colorado.

Does it say what color? Didn't look like it did.

Then again, if I really care, I could see how much a quality repaint would cost. (Not talking Maaco crap here).

Then again, if I really care, I could see how much a quality repaint would cost. (Not talking Maaco crap here).

Some hoods stated a color while others did not. I don't think that one did.

Maybe I need to go get my hood wrapped before I'm looking for a hood for my car...

I took another look.

The price of $325 seems to be a reference cost for an undamaged hood. If I read the codes properly, this one may have some hail damage.

You'll [obviously] want to read the description carefully.

I took another look.

The price of $325 seems to be a reference cost for an undamaged hood. If I read the codes properly, this one may have some hail damage.

You'll [obviously] want to read the description carefully.

Yep. (drinks)

Yeah after 6 1/2 years, my hood is in bad shape when it comes to paint chips. I do wish I got it protected (wrapped or whatever).

Lower Front Grill

Added red vinyl to lower front grill.

Attachments

• 2019Mazda.jpg
    2019Mazda.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 247
Wife's CX-5 got rear-ended the other day while at a compete stop. Other driver was on the phone talking. Anyways were going to get the rear bumper fixed. The exhaust is misaligned and sounds like an aftermarket one lol. That said, I wonder if the repair shop could replace the old stock one with an aftermarket one.......thoughts?

Wife's CX-5 got rear-ended the other day while at a compete stop. Other driver was on the phone talking. Anyways were going to get the rear bumper fixed. The exhaust is misaligned and sounds like an aftermarket one lol. That said, I wonder if the repair shop could replace the old stock one with an aftermarket one.......thoughts?

I'm sure they could. Aftermarket mufflers are sometimes cheaper than OEM or OEM-style replacements, but it varies a lot with quality (may be louder than the OEM muffler, will likely rust through quicker, etc.). Keep in mind that usually an exhaust shop will have to weld hangers onto an aftermarket muffler in order to secure and align it properly, so that may be an extra charge.

Depending on the extent of the damage, they may also be able to just cut out any bent pieces and weld in new sections. I had a shop do this when the same thing happened to a 1991 Accord I had. Replaced the scrapped OEM muffler for an RSX Type-S OEM muffler. My wife's 2006 Civic has also had the muffler replaced twice now (she cheaped out on the second muffler and it rusted through after 2 or 3 years).

Yeah the piping and/or muffler seems messed up. Also broke our oem rear bumper chrome guard thingy. If the Racing Beat is cheaper than OEM...hey just sayin'!!!

I changed the oil and filter for the first time, as we finally hit the 5k mile mark. It was easier than I thought it would be, once I found the right hatch to open underneath. I didn't even have to raise it up, which is a huge plus!

I changed the oil and filter for the first time, as we finally hit the 5k mile mark. It was easier than I thought it would be, once I found the right hatch to open underneath. I didn't even have to raise it up, which is a huge plus!

I may have to purchase this

It's very easy with the CX, even without raising the front end. Driving up on a couple of pieces of scrap 2"x8" makes it even easier. It only raises the front by 1.5" but just that lil bit of extra room helps a lot.

Well it wasn't today, but a few weeks ago we just added a new Mazda garage companion for the wife's CX-5! (thumb)

66322468_478109219636424_3333627890896355775_n.jpg

Congrats on the sweet new ride! My wife and I are looking for the same thing. Shopped yesterday and doing the same today. A trip to Chicago is on tap. Maybe I'll drive home today in a Miata!

Silly question maybe. Why do some Miatas have roll bars and some do not?

Silly question maybe. Why do some Miatas have roll bars and some do not?

Miata roll bars were added by the owner ... as I did with my former MazdaSpeed Miata.
No customer cars are factory-equipped with true roll bars.

I used a piece of cardboard, but I like this better!

That crawler blanket is cool, but way too spendy for me. Cardboard's good. I use rigid foam insulation board. It's downright cushy.

Back